Is This an Old Cigar Cutter

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Just wondering. Looks like it.

fi491_10.jpg

i've seen both rope/twist cutters like that and the shop that hosts the Greater KC Pipe Club meetings has a cigar cutter like that. i'd have to look at the working end closer, hard to tell for sure.

Suppose you could use it for both. :lol:

I believe the give away on that one is the measurement lines.

I got to thinking later that it might be more of a plug cutter. A auction not too far away has a bunch of tobacco tins, a few jars and this cutter. But I am not sure I am going to go. Interesting piece though. One of the jars says Bagdad on it. For a brand or tobacco. Thought it looked neat. Oh, lots of empty cigar boxes too.

I've got three cutters. That one pictured is still quite common.

For a while I thought it might be interesting to "collect" such cutters. One might make an interesting display with your tobacco.

The oldest type I came across is with a wood block and a blade attached. I'll see if I can put up a "pic" in a few days.

Like everything else, there are "specialty styles" that Dock would grab up in a minute for his Man-Cave, like the one that doubles as circumcism implement. :affraid: