Is this grain really phenomenal?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a bit of nice birds eye, but the grain is not phenomenal. Aside from the birds eye, the grain seems average.

For showcasing birdseye, yes. For $3,000+, no. :lol: It's still gorgeous, though.

Vivid. And skillfully stained.

My (solicited) opinion.

:cat: :face: :study:

Some nice birdseye, nice stain job but NOT phenomonal nor $3,250.00 worth :twisted:

It is nice but does not have that BAM!!! for me. It annoys me when people use flashy words, and a huge sales pitch so mark something so far beyond its price that they insult your intelligence.

Dutch, it's probably the camera angle. Let us know what it looks like when it get's to your house! :lol:

I agree with what's been said already, Great birds eye, wonderful stain, but average grain everywhere else.

$(KGrHqJ,!ogFBvJtGIbJBQic2JUp!!~~60_57.JPG

This shot is pretty nice. Not $3.2k nice.......

This Coronation grade Charatan he also has listed, now that that is phenomenal. Guessing this one will end up bringing in $1100-$1200?

$(KGrHqNHJEwFB)8lW28BBQhvpNHyS!~~60_57.JPG

Kyle....When I hit the Lotto I will pick if up for you to have a "knock around" pipe.

For the price...no,
If I could purchase it... Gosh DARN IS IT GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Probably the prettiest grain I've ever seen. The Birds Eye looks like a Birds Eye!!!
Zach

Thistleoak":hqjzcu55 said:
Kyle....When I hit the Lotto I will pick if up for you to have a "knock around" pipe.
Eff that, I'd put it up for sale for $6,000 and buy 1,000 cobs. :lol:

8)

MMeeeehhhh....the birds eye is nice, but the rest is lack luster to me. If being blemish free makes it phenomenal then I have three $3,500 pipes on my workbench right now :lol:

lucky you I have been hit with blemish, pit, cracks all the way into the chamber and all kinds of evil. I had a fairly good run for a while, but lately... I am not happy jane, or annie, or scottie, or whoever the hell you are today

rev

btw, are you gonna come to the show on Saturday? Sounded like you might a month or so ago.

rev

That's very good grain; the stain maximizes the birdseye, which by far is the best feature of the wood. The rest of the whirling grain is, I think, better than great straight grain as above on the straight grain pipe. It's so much more interesting, to me.

Great pipe which I'd love to own, but I could pay rent for 6 months or buy 1600 cans of pork and beans with $3200.

I think the hefty price is mostly that it was made by Julie.

the rev":2e1nnoqc said:
lucky you I have been hit with blemish, pit, cracks all the way into the chamber and all kinds of evil. I had a fairly good run for a while, but lately... I am not happy jane, or annie, or scottie, or whoever the hell you are today

rev
Yeah, I never know, minute to minute, who I am either.....so no worries. I normally end up with a few sand pits in the birds eye, but I don't mind 'em. I have an apple now that has a small crack in the birds eye and other than that it is flawless and has some pretty nice grain....will post pics as soon as I tighten up the button a bit.

Not gonna make the show....got a baby that still relys on Momma to eat and can't get away even for the day :cry: .
Sure tried though.....Kansas City in June, I'll be there for sure.

Not gonna make KC but gonna do Chicago in May.

take care of that little one

rev