Is US Customs run by a member of BoB?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alandadp

Reaction score
Just getting ready for my trip to the Good Ol' U S of A next week and thought I'd better check my visitors duty free tobacco allowance.
200 Cigarettes (fair enough - 'bout the same everywhere) OR
50 Cigars (bit paltry but again - 'bout the same everywhere) OR
2kg - Yes 2 kilograms  :shock: of tobacco  :!: :!: 

Can only take 250g back to the UK  :evil: 

One of the Brothers must be running your Customs.

2kg of tobacco in two weeks - better break out the Polinskis  :lol: 

I'd order some at US pricing and have it delivered to where you are staying, only bringing the minimum amount of overtaxed European tobacco needed.

You have no worries entering into the U.S. as long as you aren't bringing in more than a couple of cartons of cigarettes (Always for "personal consumption", NEVER say they are for someone here, you'll get taxed $10.06 per carton over the exemption! I always see folks coming in with those five carton bricks. Sometimes they have two or three of them for family over here. OUCH!!!)

Cuban Cigars are a definite NO-NO. Don't bring them, they'll most likely be seized and destroyed on site.

I have NEVER seen anyone write an IRT for pipe tobacco.

Conversely, I know that UK Excise can be buggers on anything tobacco that you bring back home. Better to mail it over as "Assorted English Teas" or "Hobby Supplies"...........

I wouldn't recommend using "hobby supplies" because they'll likely ask you what hobby, what are the supplies, etc when you're at the PO.

At least they have for me when I have.

As to destroying those Cuban cigars on site...don't count on it. I've some knowledge of the destruction process by Customs agents which involve each stick individually being burned, along with a bottle of sipping spirits. Perks for jerks.

Aristokles":kbb8lh3g said:
As to destroying those Cuban cigars on site...don't count on it. I've some knowledge of the destruction process by Customs agents which involve each stick individually being burned, along with a bottle of sipping spirits. Perks for jerks.
Uh.....I can say with 100% certainty that's not what happens..........

MisterE":0grmhtft said:
DoverPipes":0grmhtft said:
Aristokles":0grmhtft said:
Perks for jerks.
Uh.....I can say with 100% certainty that's not what happens..........
LOL!

Careful, bro, Dover has a unique perspective on the matter.  ;)

I don't doubt that he does. Depends on what particular office he works or worked out of or had direct oversight thereof. I don't doubt my eyes, either. Long ago now... statutory limitations and retirements have run.

"I have no recollection of that, senator."   :)

puros_bran":n63wldvm said:
  Cubans are greatly overrated anyway.  
Whaa...?

ricky10.jpg
" />

puros_bran":2qycba3q said:
I'll second that.
If I could bring Cubans to the US you could have them all George.
I'll keep my Don Pepins, Rocky Patels, etc - better made and more flavour :!:

I have no opinion about Cuban cigars, but Desi took offence at PB's generalization.  ;) 

puros_bran":ry9jtnb9 said:
I absolutely agree. Years ago I was gifted a box of Partagas Habanos when I had a box of legal Partagas of the same size on hand. I smoked them one after the other: The Cuban was marginally better than the legals. But were they $25 per cigar better? No way. Not even close.

[Previous posts in this thread limit my disclosing source of said contraband. Evidence has been incinerated and I might be less less than honest, senator.}