It’s National Drink Beer Day!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
WooHooooo!

7E54C926-865E-49FB-A96D-2B71F0FA4F29.jpeg

I assume you meant “Costco”. Yup…Kirkland bottled spirits are very well regarded…they come from some top shelf distilleries. You know…Crown Royal…George Dickel…etc. Kirkland's Scotch whiskeys come from private-label bottler Alexander Murray & Co., a company that works with about 12 different Scottish distilleries. In every case, it’s not identical to the blends sold under the regular branding, but the quality is definitely up there.

PS: if you’ve never tried Monkey Shoulder, do yourself a favor.

Port Dundas 12 Year is currently my favorite popularly priced scotch. I was able to finagle a purchase of 3 cases at $23.00 per 750ml. bottle. (6 to a case) On the upper price tree, Glenlivet Enigma or (Enema as BH, misread)

I assume you meant “Costco”. Yup…Kirkland bottled spirits are very well regarded…they come from some top shelf distilleries. You know…Crown Royal…George Dickel…etc. Kirkland's Scotch whiskeys come from private-label bottler Alexander Murray & Co., a company that works with about 12 different Scottish distilleries. In every case, it’s not identical to the blends sold under the regular branding, but the quality is definitely up there.

PS: if you’ve never tried Monkey Shoulder, do yourself a favor.
Will have to search for it. Have never seen it around here.

Gee, I thought every day was "Drink Beer Day!!" FTRPLT
Not if you have gout like I do. Have to limit myself to maybe 1 a week or less. Yeah it sucks, lol.
I also have gout and for the last couple of days it's been out of control. Usually it strikes the great toe on my right foot. The joint, from years of distress, looks like a bunion. This episode has landed in two joints of my left hand thumb.It is very painful. I usually can trace an episode back to something I ate, not this time.