"it aint over till it's over"

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess my pic-in-ic baskets are safe now, unless Booboo is still floating around.............

Indeed. I grew up hearing much of the fun character stuff about him. It was later that I read stories of him playing baseball and it was great to learn about the sportsman he was. Amazing stuff, sad news.

Well Yogi had a great run and a heckuva life I think, making it to 90 without a lot of hiccups in his later years. He'll be missed by many for sure.

RIP Mr. Berra!

:cheers:

Will never forget watching him run out to the mound, jumping into Don Larsen's arms, after Larsen had just pitched the only perfect game in World Series history!!! In black and white no less!!!! RIP Mr. Yankee :( FTRPLT

You can observe a lot by just watching.
Yogi Berra

When you arrive at a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.
Yogi Berra

I've seen a couple interviews with Yogi. He came across as a real sportsman with great character. He will be missed.

It would have been interesting to hear Berra discussing things with his manager (Casey Stengel, who had his own reputation -- Stengelese -- as a speaker). A great player & manager

Ozark Wizard":qjse6dcf said:
I guess my pic-in-ic baskets are safe now, unless Booboo is still floating around.............
They'll never be safe my friend ;)