It has hit the fan.......

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regor

Reaction score
The lab reports have just come bac from yesterday. My wife has Mersa(sp?) a flsh eating virus and is on some real heavy meds for it. Whats going to happen I don't know. I'll keep you all posted when I find out more. I'm on my way back to the hospital now.

MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)
Pretty common, but it attacks people who have been weakened by something else.
She probably got it in the damn hospital.
It can be fought.
Good luck and best wishes.

My prayers and best wishes are with you and your wife

Hopeing she gets well soon

Hermit":j8hln6j9 said:
MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)
Pretty common, but it attacks people who have been weakened by something else.
She probably got it in the damn hospital.
It can be fought.
Good luck and best wishes.

I just got back. She has Lupus for the last 16 years so they know thats has had a lot to do with it. They have her on a lot of meds for this particular thing and it has helped some already. They may still let her come home next week at some point but she will have to have a lot of bed rest with very limited exercise. Just going to the kitchen and the bathroom will be all at first. If the meds continue to work it will pass the contageous(sp) stage and thats a good thing. When she goes back to work it will be only 1/2 at most and she really wants to go back to work. We will sure have a few restrictions but the out look is better now than it was earlier. I will keep you posted - Thank You!!

We are continuing to wish you both the best Roger. Hopefully the Doctors will instruct you on extra care to help prevent recurrence and spread.

Just got back from the Hospital. Things are not looking good. Her kidneys have slowed down and is on dialisys(sp) for a long time to come unless they get control of the three different infections that she has now all of which effect the kidneys. She is in ICU and hooked up to all kinds of stuff and is being watched 24/7 while they are trying to get her healed up some.. This is all from the damned Lupus. They are treating her like she is one of their own. Thanks for listening!!!!! I have never been so scared in my life but I know I have to be strong and hang in.

We want you to know we still have you both on the prayer lists at our church and in our own prayers. I know what it is like when your mate is that sick. Praying for both of you. You have to take good care of yourself during this time so you can be there when she needs you. Remember to eat, catch naps when you can and if possible smoke a pipe to help you relax if you can get away from the hospital to smoke. Give us a call or email us if there is anything you need. We believe in miracles! God is awesome and He promises never to leave or forsake us in times like these.

Lady Muleskinner and Muleskinner

I missed your post Roger...

Man I hate to hear that... I know its often said but I'm saying it from the heart... if there is anything you can think of for me to do that might in someway ease your burden please let me know.

Same here Roger. I am praying for both of you and I am just a phone call away if you need anything!