It seems to have been an attack of opportunity...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PozzSka

Reaction score
I arrive home and find one lonesome package among the small mountain of junk mail that seems to permeate my postal delivery box most days...

My wife, giving me a look of disappointment and vexation, says, "what did you buy?"

I said, "I didn't buy anything, I swear." though the evidence, in her mind, suggested otherwise...

I carefully open the box and I'm greeted with the oh-so-familiar packing peanuts, but a small box and the also familiar image of the small elf atop a tin of tobacco, another smaller tin of tobacco, a square tin of tobacco, and a small cardboard box.

I was immediately filled with excited, however, I hadn't purchased a thing, and just before I could remove the last layer of peanuts, BOOM!!

I was bombed...the peanuts that lay strewn about the floor of the workshop were strongly supporting that fact.

And, yet I managed to pull myself out of the smoke and gather that the following had just arrived:

- McClelland Christmas Cheer 2013 (will stay in the cellar for a while)
- Cornell & Diehl Briar Fox (also will stay in the cellar)
- Fribourg & Treyer - Blackjack (will probably stay in the cellar for a little bit)
- two packs of pipe cleaners (never have enough of these)
- A 30-06 cartridge pipe tool (knife and tamper, or just knife? but fits in a pipe bowl!)
- and what seems to be a recently restored Calabash!!! (holy cow!)

Wowzers!!

I was definitely set aback, and my wife even wondered what the audible "wow!" emanating from the workshop indicated.

So, big thanks to AJ!!

I really appreciate it, though I haven't been able to use any of it! I will report back at first opportunity.

Wow, what a bomb!!

Those are nice baccys too. I had my first bowl of Briar Fox last week, compliments of i.keenum, and thoroughly enjoyed it. BlackJack is great and so is CC.

That calabash is awesome! I've been looking for one for a while now.

Epic indeed sir.

Ocelot55":nx8c1fje said:
Wow, what a bomb!!

Those are nice baccys too. I had my first bowl of Briar Fox last week, compliments of i.keenum, and thoroughly enjoyed it. BlackJack is great and so is CC.

That calabash is awesome! I've been looking for one for a while now.

Epic indeed sir.
I have the CC 2012 (was sitting on a local B&M shelf all year long), and now two tins of 2013 to save for a few years. The Briar Fox will sit until I finish the previous tin I've already opened. Never had Blackjack, so I guess I'll be treated some day when I decide to open it.

Excited to try the Calabash, its in fantastic shape!

PozzSka":2jnidc6n said:
I have the CC 2012 (was sitting on a local B&M shelf all year long), and now two tins of 2013 to save for a few years. The Briar Fox will sit until I finish the previous tin I've already opened. Never had Blackjack, so I guess I'll be treated some day when I decide to open it.
If you ever get out to the east side, check the Cousin's in Woodmere. They usually have a few tins of the previous year's Cheer lying around, well into the summer (I haven't had as much luck at the downtown location).

idbowman":2n8d5ttp said:
PozzSka":2n8d5ttp said:
If you ever get out to the east side, check the Cousin's in Woodmere.  They usually have a few tins of the previous year's Cheer lying around, well into the summer (I haven't had as much luck at the downtown location).
Found mine at the Cousin's in Akron...If I'm out that way I'll check it out. Thanks!

Nice, very nice indeed, that Christmas Cheer is one of the nicest blends I have tried, very nice looking Calabash too, enjoy them all in rude good health. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Fraternally

Jers

thumbs.gif

Cheers,

RR

Wow is right sir, that is something to cheer about.
That was a kind and very generous gift sir that any of us would be proud of I'm sure.

Outstanding move on AJ's part.....always generous...always thoughtful...always right on the money!

Enjoy it in good health.

I had a bowl of Briar Fox (not the new tin, kept that sealed) in my new Calabash on Monday.

It was a super cool smoke. Very easy draw. It was a success. The Fox definitely tasted different in the meer bowl vs a shorter briar.

AJ, thank you again!!