It turned out to be only a two-pipe problem

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

Reaction score
I posted on an earlier thread about the unsmoked Peterson Sherlock Holmes Baskerville I acquired. It was smaller than I expected, and although it is a beautiful pipe I feared it would just languish in the rack since I prefer larger pipes. Fortunately, a Brother here who favors smaller pipes took a liking to it. Short story: he's now the owner of the Baskerville, and I have replaced it with a Pete SH Rathbone. The Baskerville is in the terracotta which I really liked and the Rathbone is in the dark; not as attractive. Still, its size is more in my wheelhouse. I hope the Brother loves the Baskerville (he's overseas and it may be a while before he sees it); I'm looking forward to the maiden voyage of the Rathbone...

c1s8UWll.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you got it sorted, that Rathbone did look nice.

I've been looking for some smaller pipes, maybe I'll check out the small SH ones

I've become a fan of larger pipes. My Don Carlos 2 note is a perfect example. It's a bent dublin, and the bowl is over 1" wide at the top and over 2" deep. With Urban Cowboy I can get almost 2 hours from it. Been searching and just don't see many that large.

You might look at the pub pipes and house pipes various makers produce, Ranger. Peterson makes them, and I know others do, as well; I just can't think of who right at the moment.

Pre dinner smoke of Benediction in a Design Berlin rusticated bent egg. Hot orange spice tea on the side. Had xrays this am. Good news is no fractures of ribs or spine so must have just pulled a muscle.