It's been a minute or two...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mozjo33

Reaction score
I hope this message finds everyone and their families healthy well!

It's been a while since I've posted on this or any forum for that matter. That's not to say that I wasn't lurking from time to time.

Lots of changes over the past couple of years. We've moved from PA to VA to OH. My two girls (they used to be in my signature) are all grown up. One is getting married this spring, living in Philly and doing incredibly well. The other quit teaching, moved back in with me and wife, and is waiting to hear if she is selected to attend the next USMC Officer Candidate School in June. She has been in the OCS selection process over a year now and its very promising that she is getting her chance. In addition, she passed all of her testing to attend pilot training after OCS and TBS. To say I'm so proud of these two young women is an understatement!

The wife and I hit 30 years married (33 total) this upcoming December. Why she never left or killed me is beyond comprehension! :D After 23 years of being in federal law enforcement, I retired at the end of 2020. I started a new job working for Penn State (my alma mater). For the first time in my entire adult life (joined the Army after college), I'm not in government service. So in three weeks, we move from Ohio to State College, PA. Hopefully it will be the last time I ever have to move!

I really haven't been smoking pipes over the past few years. Maybe a handful of times a year. So why am I back? Because I finally got off my arse and bought one of Ron's pipes after wanting to for a very long time. The new house has a nice covered front porch that I plan on enjoying whilst sitting, smoking a pipe and yelling at the neighborhood kids to get off my lawn.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop a line, say hello and wish everyone well.

Mo

Thank you all!

No truer words ever been said BD. Thanks for the warm return.

Welcome back! Sounds like you have a plan and are working it, and a good plan it is! Just don't shake your pipe at those kids on the lawn, you might set yourself on fire; they would get a kick out of that! Seriously, enjoy your renewed pipe smoking journey!

It's truly good to hear from you again and knowing that things are going so well for you.
Hope you enjoy that pipe sir, God's speed!