Its spring time

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spring has sprung and the grass has riz, now we can remember where all our tobacco is :bounce: :drunken: :cheers:

Pollen.jpg

Lonely.jpg

Took this yesterday [5/27] at the Quicksilver trails in San Jose, CA...I hate these damn star thistles...walked through too many of these damn things before

CIMG0288.jpg

Don't think I've ever seen one of those before.

Thanks for sharing it. :D

puros_bran":2a87tirc said:
Don't think I've ever seen one of those before.

Thanks for sharing it. :D
You serious?! Where do you live? Cause I'm moving there lol...these are ALL OVER freaking california, they bloom into yellow flowers that look a lot like the yellow weeds in the lawn, except the sharp spines remain...I've walked through fields of these darn things as a kid only to come out with bloodied legs, in the late summer they turn brown and die, like everything else here in this state...we're not the "golden state" for the gold rush...its cause everything dies an turns a nice golden brown lol :roll:

If you guys want to play with a photo editor, but don't want to pay the bucks for Photoshop, try downloading The Gimp. It's free, works in both Windows and Linux. Powerful too. I have been using it for years. :)

Nice pics fellows!

I have the GIMP on my UBUNTU machine. I'll not start the GIMP v/s PS debate but I will say it very comparable in features and as Carlos stated ya can't beat the price, unfortunatly I'm as hopeless with the GIMP as I am PS.

JohnnyO":kehlijoz said:
Took this yesterday [5/27] at the Quicksilver trails in San Jose, CA...I hate these damn star thistles...walked through too many of these damn things before
Johnny, we have something similar in Eastern Oregon (puncture vine) but this grows right down on the ground. The spines are about a half inch long, and arranged so that no matter which way the small nut at the center lays one of the spines is sticking straight up. Not much trouble for car tires but a bike tire is a different story.

Wild blackberry bushes, five feet tall and thorned all the way. When the dairy farming petered out lots of folks turned to strawberry,blackberry and raspberry growing. That died out too, but the plants thrived. So when you're rabbit hunting the strawberry vines grab your ankles, and the blackberry bushes shred your clothes. Poor dogs take a beating on their ears. That photo of the lone daisy amongst the forrest of grass is superb, as are all the rest.

We got those too, always called em goat heads. Popped too many bike tires with those, plus one time when I was a kid I walked bare foot into a big growth of them, fell on my butt, tried to lift my butt off the ground with my hands and ended up being stuck with those a few dozen times....that sucked...