It's World No Tobacco Day...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fsu92john

Reaction score
...do your part by destroying as much tobacco as you can. Fire works best. 8)

I enjoy my pipe smoking but I freely admit it is a vice. A risk however I have made an informed decision to expose myself to.

Having smoke free days, and I would go as far as advocating going three consecutive days without tobacco once a month, is a good thing. I smoke a pipe because I want to, and not because I have to. Asserting that choice can only be done by occasional abstinence.

Only my opinion and feel free to puff as often and whenever you please.  :D 

I almost never smoke before lunch; today I shall make an exception and also increase my normal usage. I shall also do the flaunting bit, taking my pipe everywhere I go, even if unlit. Hmm, let's see--a group 4 Dunhill shell billiard I think enhances my unusually handsome profile. The day calls for sport, and I'll see if I can get a rise or two from the hyper-nags.

I am doing my part, when I got home from call I lit a bowl of Villager 1888 after dinner, in a new to me Charatan (not sure what shape to call it, Billiard/Canadian?) The bowl size throws me off.

]Charatan[/url]

I plan on destroying more pipe weed, and a cigar throughout the day  :pirat:

I'm doing my part! We all know tobacco use isn't the greatest for us but I look at how much the world economy actually owes a LOT to us tobacco users and tobacco companies!

And this means what to me?

NOTHING!!!!!

Brewdude":bl71vkp0 said:
Cartaphilus":bl71vkp0 said:

NOTHING!!!!!
What the man from TX said!

:bball: 

Cheers,

RR
Wait..............This can't be happening.........someone agrees with ME?  

Cartaphilus":qc0zzgvs said:
Brewdude":qc0zzgvs said:
Cartaphilus":qc0zzgvs said:

NOTHING!!!!!

Cheers,

RR
Hey, when you're right you're right......right?

:scratch: 

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":5v3j8bvg said:
Cartaphilus":5v3j8bvg said:
Brewdude":5v3j8bvg said:
Cartaphilus":5v3j8bvg said:

NOTHING!!!!!

Cheers,

RR
Hey, when you're right you're right......right?

:scratch: 

Cheers,

RR
RIGHT!

Broke out the Polinski Oom Paul (capacity - about ½lb) to celebrate  :D 

Adam

Fatman":83fp3f9u said:
I am doing my part, when I got home from call I lit a bowl of Villager 1888 after dinner, in a new to me Charatan (not sure what shape to call it, Billiard/Canadian?) The bowl size throws me off.

]Charatan[/url]

That is a good question, I vote for Billiard.

I have a pipe that could go either bent Brandy or Apple. I like the interesting shapes.

That Frog Morton Cellar combined with some Hard Cider was very good yesterday. Glad I could due my part to tell the world to F^$% Off.

BriarFox":0xuj9yuu said:
Fatman":0xuj9yuu said:

]Charatan[/url]

I have a pipe that could go either bent Brandy or Apple. I like the interesting shapes.  

That Frog Morton Cellar combined with some Hard Cider was very good yesterday.  Glad I could due my part to tell the world to F^$% Off.  
My guess is that it's a Charatan shape 402 large Canadian. Maybe it's the angle, but the shank looks to have been shortened slightly. Is the nomenclature centered halfway between the bowl and the end of the shank? If not, it was possibly cut and redrilled to fix a cracked mortise.

I collect the Charatan 402s, btw.  8)

MisterE":ljukknab said:
BriarFox":ljukknab said:
Fatman":ljukknab said:

]Charatan[/url]

That Frog Morton Cellar combined with some Hard Cider was very good yesterday.  Glad I could due my part to tell the world to F^$% Off.  
My guess is that it's a Charatan shape 402 large Canadian. Maybe it's the angle, but the shank looks to have been shortened slightly. Is the nomenclature centered halfway between the bowl and the end of the shank? If not, it was possibly cut and redrilled to fix a cracked mortise.

I collect the Charatan 402s, btw.  8)
The nomenclature is halfway down the shank. Sadly the gent that refurbished it was over zealous and the stamp is difficult to read. Great smoking pipe though!

^It could be it's just a stubby Canadian then!  :lol: 

I agree, Charatans are some of the finest smokers out there. I'd say that pipe for pipe they outsmoke just about everything in my collection. Bravo!