Itunes U

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Can't remember if I already knew it existed or not, but a couple years ago (or at least it seems like a couple years ago, it coulda been last month for all I know) LL and I had a discusion about Itunes U.

I've found myself enjoying it more fully as more Univeristys and Colleges put up course material.

The jist of it is class room lectures from a very diverse list of institutions covering everything from Art to Zoarastrian Religions of the Early 300's..... If you are a self learner seeking to expand your mind I can't praise this site more highly...

You don't even need an Ipod. All you really need is the Itunes app installed on your Mac or PC, and an account (both free).. You can listen online, burn it to CD-RW's, or load up an Ipod..

Want a more full grip on Economics? Bet you find 3-4000 lectures on the topic, from ECO101 all the way up to PHD level stuff...

Interested in Christian Theology? I have about 800 lectures downloaded out of the thousands available...

What's this String Theory stuff I heard on Coast to Coast AM last night? No problem, I tunes U has a ton of Physics lectures available.

Basically if you can dream it up, you can find it there... Have a liberal leaning? No problem, tons of liberal universitys are represented... Feel more comfortable with a more conservative approach? No problem, plenty of those too. Seminarys,Specialty Schools,Liberal Arts Institutes, its all there....

Check it out.

Sounds like just what I've been looking for. Wanted to take some astronomy courses at the local comm coll but at $400 + a pop plus books I couldn't afford it.
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna check that out. :cheers:

Centurian a lot of the courses have the syllibus (bad mis-spelled, I think) so if one wanted to persue it to the level of basically a free college education,books and all, one could.

Granted nobody job wise is going to care if you have the equivilent of 60 credits of pure astronomy but if your like me that's not what you're in persuit of anyway.

It does sound very interesting but I have never gotten into the Itunes thing. Have noticed if you can just download the courses in like an MP3 format?

I guess you could convert it from whatever format Itunes files come in to a standard MP3 format.... But J would be the one to tell you that.

All I know is to get them you have to have the Itunes software. And an account..

My kids have ipods, I suggested I'd like one for Fathers day but we will see... I just download them and listen to them on the puter.

excellent,,I'll check this out ,,,,I've been looking for something along these lines for a while,,,,,thanks,,,

I subscribed to audiobooks for Cathy's Paramedic class. These are not free. But are well worth the cost as they were the same edition as her school books. They bring up things she missed in reading. She has them on her iPhone and are handy to listen too wherever she is. It's possible that a lot of school editions are out there. Just a matter of finding them.

Puros, "itunes U" is OUTSTANDING!!!!

Thanks! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: