J Alan Pipes Comments?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I'm considering a rather expensive purchase of a J.Alan pipe.Has anyone had any experience with them? He does make some very pretty danish inspired pipes....

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Dock, Jeff's work is first-rate. I find his pipes to be wonderfully made and superbly designed.

I've been working for some time on a blog profile of Jeff that will include a lot of background, pictures of his work, and information about his approach to making pipes.

IMHO, he is a real rising star. At only 28 years of age, he's way ahead of so many others and he's only going to get better.

I'm not sure which piece you're considering, but I can't imagine you could go wrong.

Thanks Neill.... This helps alot...... I went ahead and bought the pipe and can no longer access the pic. It's a partially rusticated cobra esque shape w/ a cumberland stem. I'll post a pic when it arives....all of his pipes seem to be rich in fluidity! They're very easy on the eyes too! :lol:

Best,
Dock

I've looked at his pipes and am considering adding one or two to my collection. Can you tell me how his pipes smoke? Everything I've read leads me to believe that he's got his engineering down...I'd just like to hear how that translates to actual smoking quality.

Thanks!

Hey Dock,

One of the guys in our local club (Knox Area Pipe Smokers) has at last count 3 of Jeff's pipes. He swears by them. Every time we talk he'll tell me that the next time he has pipe money, he'll get another.

I don't have personal experience of smoking them. However, I have been able to handle a few. Our club guy's pipe plus some when I saw Jeff last year in Columbus. Great quality pipes.

I may have to break down and get one yet.

Best,
JohnR :pipe: