Jackie Gleason "The Great One"

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Winslow,
I recently ordered the Honeymooners CD collection from Amazon. When I need a really good laugh and bring back the good ole days of when I was much younger, these CD's really hit the bill. Art Carney is my all time favorite comedian and he was never better than when he was paired with Jackie Gleason. The two of them together are the greatest.
:D :D :D

And my fondness for good scotch makes me think of the whoppers that Jackie used to love. What a great read and bio of The Great One.

:cheers: :cheers:

I think we got our first TV about 1952,can remember my mother and father
laughing so hard when they watched the Honeymooners shows.I myself perferred reruns
of Flash Gordon and the Superman show starring George Reeves.We kids used
to tie bathtowels around our necks to mimic Supermans cape and jump off the
front porch screaming "It's a bird,it's a plane,it's Superman". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Winslow

Thanks,this was worth the time to read.Gleason came from the era in which television was worth watching.I have all of the Honeymooner episodes,and some of the JG Show,on DVDs and watch when I can.Life was simpler then,and people cared enough about each other to offer a hand up.....The only employment agency I needed back then was Blake's Tavern,and a hand shake was inviolable.
"One of these days,Alice...TO THE MOON!!!" Tony

Thanks for posting this Winslow, I recall the honeymooners. I'm a fan of the Old Time Radio program but have none of Gleason's radio performances. Those guys played hard... some new actors and actresses play hard too but the drugs and stuff ruins them quickly.

As a funeral celebrant, I realized that "And a way we go" was on his graveside.