Jammy Dodgers, Jaffa Cakes, or Fig Rolls.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stick

Reaction score
They're all the same to me. Each time I fancy one I try to fool myself I'll only have one, but each time the inevitable happens and half way through the packet I know I'm not going to stop until the last one's gone. And so it will be with the tub of McC's 40th Anniversary that I was recently gifted by one of the special chaps here on the BoB. Following sage like advice to 'pop', have a bowl or two and cellar the rest, I decided today was the day. Well, it was the last day of my summer holidays after all!

Pop it I did, full of anticipation and as soon as I sniffed it I got that familiar feeling of I'm going to have to finish this. From the off the McC ketchup thing is highly evident. For those that aren't familiar with this blend it's a Red Va flake that isn't cut to the regular shapes of, for example, a Sammy G's flake. It was a little drier than I expected too but I went with it deciding not to tinker with any hydrating. My Growley Rhodie seemed eager to please from its place on the shelf so I roughed up a few flakes and packed as per normal. A couple of charring lights and she quickly gathered to full steam, so I settled back in the afternoon sun to savour the moment. A splendid smoke ensued accompanied by this month's edition of the National Geographic with a retrohale unlocking the full delights of the blend. Yup, there's no way I'm cellaring any of this!

A huge thank you again to the splendid type who made my day!

Stick,
Glad your relaxing and enjoying a blend you like so much on your last day off. It's a tasty blend, especially if your a ketchup lover :cheers:
All the best to you :king:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":m2rd8lfh said:
Stick,
 Glad your relaxing and enjoying a blend you like so much on your last day off. It's a tasty blend, especially if your a ketchup lover :cheers:
All the best to you :king:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Yup, it was right up my strasse LC!

Well Stick, after that I'm finding it mighty hard not to pop the tin of 40th I've got here. I must resist till at least summer time here :) as if that'll happen. 

Cheers

Tim

Stick mate-

Jammy Dodgers, Jaffa Cakes, or Fig Rolls are all foreign to us septics. But I get the reference tha knows. ;) Have a similar weakness for UK flapjacks, eccles cakes, custard tarts, and a few other delightful bakery yummies!

Right, so looks like you're getting on well with the 40th Anni blend. Aye, luvly stuff is that an' no mistake. One of the McC crew best releases IMHO.

And it seems you chose the perfect pipe to enjoy this in. The Growley Rhody would also be my pipe of choice here. But then again, any of Growley's pipes smoke everything great!

Finally, your description of the event is stuff for the imagination. I can feel being there with you in the time and the moment. Everything in harmony. And that's what it's all about isn't it!

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR