January Jubilee of Joyous Destruction

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarlockBob

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
ATTENTION FOLKS!

It's a new year, and I am sure most of you have some resolutions for the year.

I can't say that I have any particular ones, other than BOMBING THE LIVING HECK OUT OF SOME UNSUSPECTING BYSTANDERS!

If you're in for this run, please post on this thread AND, if you have one, let me know about one of your resolutions! Please try to get your responses to me by Wednesday, January 18th. I know that's not a lot of time, but we will make it work like we always do!

Tally ho, chaps!

I'm in.

My resolution for this year is to manage my money more efficiently lol

Reporting for duty Sir!

One resolution for me, speak less, think more before I do.

I'm reporting for duty! I might have a really light payload due to the unemployment... But I'm still in!

No REAL resolutions. But I have decided that I will seek contentment more than money or the happiness of others.

Okay folks, here's the list -

1. Blackhorse
2. DrT999
3. Fr_Tom
4. nismo270r
5. Fatman
6. Jevverrett
7. Ozark Wizard
8. Warlockbob
9. kaitlyn3837
10. fsu92john
11. Timbo

Got a decent wing assembled so far! Though sadly, not too many resolutions. :(

Admittedly, my only resolution is to take more time off from work, and to not get nearly as stressed out about projects. I'm going on vacation later this week in fact to help counteract those ill effects!

WarlockBob":79ycpc16 said:
Well - this may not be the most macho of resolutions, but last year I resolved to lose some weight, and I lost 53 pounds over the course of the year. I want to stick with it and get to target weight (another 30 to go).

Remember, there need not be any expense other than postage involved in participation. Well considered items assembled or made by the bomber are always welcomed. Plus, this is a deal where no one knows what any specific person gave...so no public shame in not giving purchased items, etc. Even though I think self made things are the more precious.

Over the years (yes, YEARS) there have been a number of very gung ho members that have joined up - most of whom sooner or eventually fall behind citing affordability as the cause. In truth, guys typically lose interest in giving things away. It's not for everyone. If cost is the reason behind your wife not letting you continue, it's what...under $6 for a small flat rate box?

Just kinda hate to see members get shot down if they'd like to keep flying. Heck, if money's the reason I'll send you five bucks a month to keep going...if you want to that is.

If I don't have to buy then I'll make things. I'll set this month out. Next month I'll make stuff. I honestly just love to mke some one happy, brighten there day. I just don't want to be that guy that just can't give the things people want. I'll make things I can afford to ship. Just can't afford a whole bunch of baccky heck I tan furs and make pipes I got stuff to send.

Fr_Tom":9zh8jtz5 said:
WarlockBob":9zh8jtz5 said:
Well - this may not be the most macho of resolutions, but last year I resolved to lose some weight, and I lost 53 pounds over the course of the year. I want to stick with it and get to target weight (another 30 to go).
Regardless of it being 'macho' or not, that is a fantastic resolution, and only one that can benefit you greatly in terms of health. Congratulations!

Guys, there's a reason that in the BoB Bombers Information thread, I stated to try and limit your bombs to 20 bucks and under. Some people can, and like, to shell out a whole lot on tobacco and accessories in packages, and that just fine; however, the important thing to remember is that it's really not about the packages, but the meaning behind them. I guarantee a package that cost you 8 bucks and time to put together will go over just as well as a package that was 800 bucks.

Arky, I understand you sitting out, that's totally fine. Just remember - we're not trying to impress anyone. Just like you said, you enjoy making someone's day a little brighter, and that's the whole point of this. You don't need to put a dollar value on the worth of your packages you send.