Jason Q. Huggett, your expertise is needed

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really not enough information to make an intelligent analysis of it but it sounds like the issue would be that they can take your "click" input and point it to whatever they want. You think you are clicking on a link to say read the next page but they use that click to say acknowledge the installation of a program. I guess by having some hidden frame over the actual content.

Problem with this kind of attack would be the site you are visiting would already have to be compromised. This is a problem already, most of our the malware you encounter is now hosted on legit sites that have been compromised. So what it would do is just expand on the amount of exploits (actual bad things) the bad guys can do once they've comprised a site.

Adobe is probably worried about this because of flash.

Still I'd have to know much more about it to make any kind of risk assessment and suggest any kind of mitigation. Usually doesn't take long after the cat's out of the bag though. People start speculating and testing things out.

Already there is stuff like that on Wunderground, the weather site, being used for advertisements. I have them adblocked and flashblocked. But they are always trying to come up with more.

You go to click on something and a nearly hidden ad pops up as you go to click and takes you to the ad site.

There are more sites with this than you would imagine

Thats why a good anti virus and a firewall other than windows firewall needs to be installed on all computers

My firewall and anti virus imediately lets me know if anything is attempting to be downloaded and only what I allow can be downloaded