Jeez...it’s so slow around here. Isn’t anything happening?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair time here too. I help out with a trail life troop. We had a booth at the fair trying to raise awareness and hopefully recruit some new members. I worked it a couple nights since we couldn’t get enough participation from adults to man the booth.

If you can’t get the parents to participate and help out why would the kids.

I also worked over a couple days this week. Then mowed a couple yards. And had a ham radio club meeting. So I’ve been slightly busy.

Blackhorse":hi4b78qa said:
As I was adjusting the size of Mr. Whipple’s photos down to where they didn’t expand the overall screen and make many guys text size too small to read...

I was thinkin’ that it really looked like he’d moved his recliner from in front of the flat screen to his kayak.  Nothing like fishin’ in comfort!  Love it.  Watch out fer them gators Buba!

Doesn’t it kinda look like he’s texting someone there?
Please except my humble apologies for the size of the pics. First time I've used the upload a photo function. :oops:

I will admit the comfort of modern kayak seats is one of the things that convinced me to buy one. Oh, and I wasn't texting someone, but I will admit the fish I'd just caught was about the size of a cell phone :D

Just my usual health care wrangling. Been smoking a ton more dealing with side effects of not having medications I need. So yeah usual bs. Try and check in at least once a week sometimes I make it sometimes I don't.

Oh and in the 7 or 8 years I've been here this is usually the slowest time of year here. It always seems pretty bad but picks back up once things start to cool off again.

Jim

arkansaspiper":auyogzxo said:
My wife also had a litter of bull mastiff pups so we're busy with them as well
Your wife had a litter of pups? Shouldn’t you be asking her tons of questions about that. If my wife had a litter of pups I would want to know what’s going on and atart asking for pup support.

The last couple of times I looked around here (didn't login) it's been a ghost town.
I could count the members posting on one hand.

As far as me, I've got my new shop almost setup and am just waiting on my new lathe and a few parts for the dust collection system. Been so long it seems since I made anything that even looked like a pipe I'm a little unsure if I still can. But, when the lathe gets here next week (hopefully) we'll find out. ;)

RDPipes":jbwvvlso said:
The last couple of times I looked around here (didn't login) it's been a ghost town.
I could count the members posting on one hand.

As far as me, I've got my new shop almost setup and am just waiting on my new lathe and a few parts for the dust collection system. Been so long it seems since I made anything that even looked like a pipe I'm a little unsure if I still can. But, when the lathe gets here next week (hopefully) we'll find out.  ;)
It's just like riding a bike. Those skills will come right back.

eggman":9heok2yk said:
arkansaspiper":9heok2yk said:
My wife also had a litter of bull mastiff pups so we're busy with them as well
Your wife had a litter of pups? Shouldn’t you be asking her tons of questions about that. If my wife had a litter of pups I would want to know what’s going on and atart asking for pup support.
lol ya could have worded that a little different