JimInks

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

Reaction score
There's a great article on "our own" JimInks on today's Smokingpipes Daily Reader, although maybe I'm the only person here who didn't already know all about this talented fellow. Interesting read and showcases just some of his talents. And Jim, if you read this, regards from one MFA to another ;)!

1626137336371.png

JimInks (Amash) and Pipestud (Steve)

My former dentist produced a successful syndicated comic strip for fifteen years, but ultimately returned to dentistry because of the the uncertainty of being a strip creator.
https://kohlsaat.com/NWD/

Interesting stuff… up until about four years ago, I worked in a much more boring field within publishing… designing print newspaper pages. I did that for nearly two decades; I laid out pages from everything from small papers in WV, NC and MI all the way up to USA Today.

Of course, I dreamt of being a cartoonist or comic book artist as a kid. Unfortunately, I’m unable to make anything I draw look the same way twice.

I really admire good artists. I can't draw for shit. Nothing I draw looks like anything. We have several really good artists around here but most are way too proud of their work, asking 4,5, even 7K for hand done paintings. I do admire the guys here who do bronze statue castings. We have several full size statues of horses and riders in town and they are amazing. I will post a few pics sometime later.