Jim's C&D Mixture Monster 3 Review.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimInks

Reaction score
The red cavendish has a little grass, and a bit of earth, along with some tangy fruitiness and a light toast note. The black cavendish appears to be unsweetened as I don’t notice any vanilla, but I do get a little sugar from it. The apple topping is very mild as often is the case. The caramel is just a little more noticeable, although the rich, yet gentle chocolate is the most obvious topping. No artificial, chemical or syrup notes exist here. The toppings sublimate the tobaccos to a moderate extent. The nic-hit is mild. The strength of the blend is shade past the mild level. The taste is a shade or two past being mild. No chance of bite, and it has no harsh or weak spots. Lightly moist out of the tin, it needs no dry time. Burns at slightly more than a regular rate, cool and clean with a very smooth, fairly consistent flavor. I say “fairly” because I do get just a tad more caramel and apple in the last third of the experience than I do the chocolate, which weakens a mite at that point. Easily burns to ash with few relights, and leaves very little moisture in the bowl. The very pleasant, mild after taste is short lived, although the sweet room note will linger just a little. An easy going all day smoke that doesn’t get boring.

bah another fantastic blend that I may just love, and not available in Europe at all.

even the Cornell & Diehl website doesn't even acknowledge the world exists outside of the US

how do I become a tobacco importer? there's millions of smokers denied these blends as these people haven't quite realised they are missing out on billions of $$ in sales globally

on the plus side.

wonderful review Jim as always.

kitobi":8bc6m6mp said:
bah another fantastic blend that I may just love, and not available in Europe at all.

even the Cornell & Diehl website doesn't even acknowledge the world exists outside of the US

how do I become a tobacco importer? there's millions of smokers denied these blends as these people haven't quite realised they are missing out on billions of $$ in sales globally

on the plus side.

wonderful review Jim as always.
Thanks for the compliment. SP ships overseas, except for countries that ban imports. Here's a link for that information: https://www.smokingpipes.com/information/faq/intshipping.cfm

thank you Jim your a star as always.

ill take a look at them now.

Andy

I ordered on the 8th and it arrived today on the 18th, not bad from halfway around the globe, and customs didn't want to know about it which was also a bonus.

on opening the tin smell is divine,

just had 1 bowl and it was Ok, but ill give it a few more yet before I make any decisions, plus I think I need to find the right pipe that makes this shine, I tried it in a Peterson, I think next ill try a meer and a more open bulldog to see if this one likes a bit more air.

Andy