Jim's C&D Seersucker Review.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimInks

Reaction score
The two varietals of cigar are the dominant components, and offers a little smokiness, some floralness, a bit of wood and earth with a little spicy sweetness along with a bare essence of creaminess. Dominican Corojo is the major cigar leaf, and I’m not sure what the other cigar tobacco is, but it sort of reminds me of Connecticut shade. The earthy, toasty, nutty and dry burley is a supporting player as is the lightly sweet, mostly sour, floral, woody Turkish. The Virginias are almost background ingredients with some grass and earth, light citrus, and tart and tangy dark fruit. The nutty, woody, lightly spicy dark fired Kentucky is a little more obvious than the Virginia. Underscoring the experience is the smoothing brown sugar feature of black cavendish. The nic-hit is a little closer to medium than it is to mild. No chance of bite or harshness, but here and there sports a rough note. The strength level starts out just below medium, and gains a little power as you go along, mostly settling in as a step or two above medium. The taste threshold at its peak barely crosses medium. The moist plug is easy to prepare to suit your preference, and may need a light dry time, though I saw no need to do so. Burns cool, clean and slow. As this complex blend has a number of nuances that waft in and out as you go along, there is a little inconsistency in flavor. Leaves very little dampness in the bowl, and requires some relights. Has a floral, woody, lightly sour/sweet after taste that lingers a little. The room note is pleasant to tolerable. Not an all day smoke.

Thank you again for your detailed review. With the two different types of cigar leaf used I need to give this a try, like I need another tobacco to stock up on....not.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!