Jim's Condor Long Cut Review.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimInks

Reaction score
The flavor of the Virginia is mostly hidden, though I do get some earth and a hint of grass from it. The topping is a little perfumy and soapy, and definitely floral. I get some dark fruitiness (slightly tangy) which may come from either the topping or the tobacco; it's a little hard to decide which, but perhaps it's from both. Has a nice nic-hit. Not as overwhelming as I had expected, which is a plus, but I consider this to be more for an experienced smoker. Fully flavored, burns slow with a consistent taste, which is more of an acquired one for many smokers. It's not an all day smoke, but if this fits your flavor profile, repetition will enter your mind. Will ghost a pipe fast, so be prepared to either dedicate a briar or a cob to it. I suggest trying it out in a meer first.

Nice review, Jim. I love the stuff and wish it were readily available in the US.

Nice review Jim.

I've had but one bowl of this in my short life, somewhat recently from the kind gesture of our own Adam.

Think I had it in my one and only meer, thinking that it might be OTT Lakeland yuk, yet to my surprise that character was muted to the point I couldn't really get any floral character at all!!

Have yet to revisit, but will stick with the meer for the time being.

;)

Cheers,

RR

Thanks Jim, your description is spot on as usual.

If I may, I just want to stress one point; do not smoke this one in one of your favourite pipes as the ghost it leaves behind is very tough to kill :twisted:

I really like condor. I smoke a lot of Carter Hall and found that if I smoke a bowl of Condor and then smoke Carter Hall in the same bowl I can smoke seven (7) bowls of Carter Hall and it still tastes like Condor. A good way to stretch my pitifully small supply of Condor.

williamcharles":z0e50a2l said:
I really like condor. I smoke a lot of Carter Hall and found that if I smoke a bowl of Condor and then smoke Carter Hall in the same bowl I can smoke seven (7) bowls of Carter Hall and it still tastes like Condor. A good way to stretch my pitifully small supply of Condor.
Good for you, my man!!

I wish we had a C&D alternative to this. The pouch I had of Condor didn't last long at all. Neither did the tin of Mick McQuaid Ready Rubbed, which I find to be in the similar vein.

Those who wish the flavors were a little more pronounced, try the ready rubbed version (at least I find it so). The plug version is a bit more muted than the long cut.