Jinhao 992 fountain pens

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggman

Reaction score

I ordered 6 of these pens 10 days ago from eBay. They came in today. 10 day free economy shipping from China inst bad at all. 6 pens for 7.52 hard to beat that. I’ve inked 2 up and they write pretty good. They are a very fine nib. The wife really likes them so I think I lost a couple but not a big deal for less than $1.40 a piece.

Thanks blackhorse for the recommendation on these. They’re cheap enough to give to someone who might be interested in fountain pens to try.

Yup. Can’t beat the price. Though I like the transparent colors, they’re all good. If you don’t find the nib to your liking they are pretty easily adjusted. You might also be able to swap out for a German nib like those sold by Goulet (Joao). Not sure on this pen though. But compare how much that one nib would cost compared to a handful of the pens. Pretty crazy.

I am liking these pens. But they are very fine nibs. I’m left handed and am finding that some of the larger nibs are working better for me. Now my wife likes the fine nibs on these and she says they write very well for her. I got a sample of violet-blue ink from Goulet that I really like the color of wet and dry.

Yeah, most Asian sold pens come in either fine or really fine. I guess they are better for Japanese Kanji, and other Asian writing like Hanzi (Chinese) and Hanja (Korean).

One thing, they make your ink go farther and are good for note taking.

I still like a stub though.