Jobey Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I won this on Ebay and recieved it today
I have never smoked a Jobey

I understood they had a screw in insert in the stem but this one has a removable plastic stinger with no threads

The name is written in script on top of the shank and the V17 is printed on the bottom of the shank

The stem itself has two dots going accross the top of the stem I cant seem to find another like it on the net

I was wondering if anyone has more info

123108-1.jpg

The stem matches up
Its a slightly oval shank the fit is perfect the stem looks original

The only dots on the page that match are the Winslows

I have a Jobey Pipe of the Year A that was gifted to me. It has the most stunning cross grain and birds eye of any pipe I have ever seen. It does have the screw in tenon but it lines up perfectly and passes a cleaner with ease. A fine smoker it is.

i just recently was recomended jobey pipes by a person that i go and game at his place on friday nights.. so i went out and got a nice 5 day set of jobey shellmores from the 60's and 70s they needed some work but all smoke wonderfully also have a tortis with a lucite stem thats a wonderfull looking pipe. So good on you im shure you will be happy with them they take a lil getting use to with the link in the middle but once you figure out how to clean em and such there great sturdy work and pocket pipes. i use mine every friday for gaming.

I own a couple of older (probably 1960's or early '70's) Jobey Stromboli pipes acquired from Frenchy. Both pipes were purchased in 'estate' but nearly mint condition. Frenchy even had the original boxes which I still have! They are gorgeous little pipes, and smoke very well. The Stromboli rustication is quiet different from those offered recently-today, very deep and craggy, they feel wonderful in the hand.

How they stack up against today's Jobeys? I have no idea, I only hope that the screw in tenons don't break as I have no idea how to replace them.

From my limited experience with Jobeys I'd say they are one of the most over-looked pipes on the market.