John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
OMG - I just went to the 4 Noggins site to re-order some Crossroads and Cool Hand Fluke...and they’re not listed any longer!!! Others are gone as well! Quad Virginia.

Oh, woe is us. I emailed to site to find out if this is permanent.p

I don't think Rich runs 4noggins anymore, but back when Oriental Dusk went away I was able to get him to agree blending a batch as long as I could guarantee that at least 4 pounds would be purchased. I believe that was back in 2015.

Prairie Wind also gone....one of my top favourites....I do have about 8oz left but.......... :(

SpeedyPete":1v8pmnlq said:
Prairie Wind also gone....one of my top favourites....I do have about 8oz left but.......... :(
I have a hunch that Prairie Wind was a R. Cake 5100 based blend. Definitely has that 5100 moisture level and that twangy red McClelland VA flavor.

More ripples........ :fpalm: Too bad, I like Crossroads. Guess I should have gotten more earlier.

Wow. When the owner changed, I immediately ordered another pound of storm front out of fear of this very thing.

My guess is that many of the patton blends came out after 07 so the are only a few months away from extinction so it makes sense that they would phase them out.

Another one bites the dust... :(

I know for sure that Dark & Stormy (Storm Front plus Latakia) was after ‘07. And Dark Horse (my own blend design based on Soulmate’s KISS, where the Latakia is removed and replaced with Cigar Leaf) is after ‘07 as well.

Blackhorse":vhkvx0xv said:
I know for sure that Dark & Stormy (Storm Front plus Latakia) was after ‘07. And Dark Horse (my own blend design based on Soulmate’s KISS, where the Latakia is removed and replaced with Cigar Leaf) is after ‘07 as well.
So is Storm Front. :( :(

There's that.... Also, they will need warning labels on their packages. And new taxes will come into effect, and any existing stock will have to be paid by the vendor. Also, even if they had blends pre 2007, they still have to pay and apply as manufacturers. Inspections. I forget what else. We have until August to sort out our stuff I believe. Night has fallen gentleman.

Yes there is the whole date of the blends thing. Did anyone consider the possibility that the Virginia used in the blends might have been McClelland bulk tobacco? If so there will be no ready replacement. Just a thought.

Jim

Hmm. Did anyone contact the new owner, Jeff Tomei, to ask him what he intended to do with these House Blends?

Davy Jones":itm2wnn2 said:
Hmm. Did anyone contact the new owner, Jeff Tomei, to ask him what he intended to do with these House Blends?
I sent in that question on one of his auto question email things. Hopefully I’ll get a response within a few days.

huffelpuff":8yix3ot1 said:
Did anyone consider the possibility that the Virginia used in the blends might have been McClelland bulk tobacco? If so there will be no ready replacement. Just a thought.

Jim
Yes, this was my thought as well. Hopefully there will good news from 4Nog as those Patton blends are very good.

Cheers,

RR

huffelpuff":j4z9x1qe said:
Yes there is the whole date of the blends thing. Did anyone consider the possibility that the Virginia used in the blends might have been McClelland bulk tobacco? If so there will be no ready replacement. Just a thought.

Jim
I think this may be the case with a lot of "House Blends" as McC supplied B&Ms with many blending Va's. Life moves on! :twisted: :twisted:

6 of the blends are still available, just ordered some more Oriental Dusk...

I too was on their site earlier today looking for Cool Hand Fluke. Oh dear.