John Patton's Oriental Dusk

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":yz84fub6 said:
Your idea of the 50/50 blend won't work...it would give it way too much Burley I think. It might be a good blend...but it would be far from O Dusk.

And John won't whip up anything...he's done blending.

Sure would be nice e to get his recipe for O Dusk though. And recreating it really would need a recipe. Even a few percent of any one ingredient off one way or the other would effect a significant change. They (and moat blended recipes) are that finely tuned. Especially his blends...very carefully balanced.
Well, I suppose it's just impossible then, eh?

juanmedusa":bj0a6o5u said:
It's interesting that someone who's listed tobacco is: Most any, especially Mac Baren. could be behind the Patton blends. I love me some Mac Baren tobacco but they do seem to be two different worlds to me.
Totally.

At the same rate, I always got the impression that John's taste for tobacco was very refined. Mac Baren blends are always that pitch perfect balance between flavor and what ever else is in them.

John's blends all have that same balance minus the Danish treatment.

I remember smoking Oriental Dusk for the first time and thinking "Wow, this stuff is cosmic! Who's this John Patton guy?" I then went and read a great deal of his posts, his cob primer, etc. And I was miffed by the wide array of tobacco that he seemed to have a taste for. I believe I even remember reading a post where someone was asking for recommendations for a Cherry blend, with him responding with two that he liked. And this guy blended Storm Front??? :scratch: :p

DrumsAndBeer":owbpo0fj said:
juanmedusa":owbpo0fj said:
It's interesting that someone who's listed tobacco is: Most any, especially Mac Baren. could be behind the Patton blends. I love me some Mac Baren tobacco but they do seem to be two different worlds to me.
Totally.

At the same rate, I always got the impression that John's taste for tobacco was very refined. Mac Baren blends are always that pitch perfect balance between flavor and what ever else is in them.

John's blends all have that same balance minus the Danish treatment.

I remember smoking Oriental Dusk for the first time and thinking "Wow, this stuff is cosmic! Who's this John Patton guy?" I then went and read a great deal of his posts, his cob primer, etc. And I was miffed by the wide array of tobacco that he seemed to have a taste for. I believe I even remember reading a post where someone was asking for recommendations for a Cherry blend, with him responding with two that he liked. And this guy blended Storm Front??? :scratch: :p        
He certainly seems to have a varied pallet....

Attention..

For anyone interested. I reached out to Rich Gottlieb at 4noggins and he will blend Oriental Dusk if we agree to at least a 3 pound purchase. Anyone interested in a Group Buy? A simple yes, with the amount you'd like would be good and after that, if there's enough interest we'll wheel & deal over PM..

This is an excellent turn of events. We should open a thread in "Community in Action" for this and post a notice thread here with a link...just to help out the guys that are a little 'slow'. lol

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Please refer to this link for the group buy.

My apologies ahead of time, if I am breaking any forum rules..

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t30779-john-patton-oriental-dusk-group-buy#424031