John Patton's Storm Front question

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncobcon

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I like Storm Front very much with the Burley/Cigar blend. Although, sometimes when
I smoke it I feel like I should add some other tobacco to it. I don't know, maybe some
latakia? Has anyone added any other tobacco to Storm Front?

Well, you know what I'd do?

Take some aside, and toss some Latakia in there and see what happens! You might be on to something!

Correct Simple Man!!!

WHY WOULD YOU DESTROY A BLEND THATS ALREADY PERFECT! JOHN PATTON’s STORM FRONT

Thank you Simple Man

Had the pleasure of meeting him in Europe 1988 and we kept in touch. He was a true man of the Earth. An avid pipe smoker and collector. I was gifted three of his pipes in 2000 and a few more after he passed in 2003. This was a man that gave from the heart, he’s surely missed by many.

PS, my avatar picture was taken during one of Charlie’s shoots. He oftenen enjoyed a pipe between shoots. Most did not realize he was a pipe smoker.

Corncobcon":bxzcfiki said:
I like Storm Front very much with the Burley/Cigar blend.  Although, sometimes when
I smoke it I feel like I should add some other tobacco to it.  I don't know, maybe some
latakia?  Has anyone added any other tobacco to Storm Front?
LoneCoyote is your man in the field for this question. While JP StormFront is excellent all by itself, LoneCoytoe recommended the addition of 30% JP Crossroads. I have enjoyed this 70/30 mixture as well.

Brewdude":z5xb8c2e said:
ak2000":z5xb8c2e said:
This tobacco bites me, does anyone else get this?
None of Patton's blends bite me at all. I find them very user friendly. Could be a body chemistry thing.

Cheers,

RR
Yup, that's what I figured. I have some sensitivity to certain blends...

My only issue with Storm Front is that it gives me a fierce lump in my throat. Some pipers claim this is due to nicotine but I smoke blends like ODF, Triple Play, Brown Irish X, Dark Birdseye and 1792 Flake without ever experiencing this feeling. Personally I think it's a body chemistry mismatch with the blend. That said, I like Storm Front but only smoke it occasionally. Once I finish what I have on hand, about 7 ounces, I won't buy anymore. I seem to be outside looking in with this blend.

I like Storm Front a lot..but for some reason I just I just can't detect any cigar leaf...is it pretty well subdued or has all that time in Asia ruined my taste buds?..