Joining up from the LBC

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpinthelb

Reaction score
Hello all. I am new to the whole pipe smoking game. My brother-in-law brought me back a Peterson pipe from his travels to Dublin and I want to start putting it to use. I am looking for a sweet aromatic tobacco that I can smoke and my wife won't think that I stink after smoking it. Would you be so kind as to oblige me with some suggestions? Preferably something I can find at a local tobacco shop. Thanks!

Take care,
BP

Welcome to BoB!

Wives are difficult to predict with certainty. I get a favorable comment from time to time when I am smoking Carter Hall or Luxury Twist Flake. For a new guy, a flake makes things more complicated. Why don't you get her to go to the shop with you to help you pick one out?

Welcome to the BoB!

And, I agree with the good reverend, have her help you pick some out.

I just moved from the LBC on Saturday.

My wife hates the smell of smoke, doesn't matter what I smoke. However, she finds Latakia blends less offensive weird as it may seem

rev

Welcome aboard.

Unfortunately I can't help you with your stink factor problem because pretty much everything I really enjoy has a terrible room note if the judge of that room note happens to be a non-smoking female. That being the case, I smoke outside and typically during times when I have a good amount of "me time."

There are a couple of blends that I love that truly offend, & I try to save those "sleep on the couch mixtures" for when my wife is out of town. 8) 

Welcome to the forums! And best of luck in your search. Try smoking outside but near her; with the smoke not being concentrated she might appreciate it a bit more

"T"

Lane RLP-6. It's basically Captain Black, but built on better tobacco and is not so saturated with humectant. It smells great, tastes pretty decent. Though you won't find it in pouches or tins in the pharmacy, you will likely find it in just about every tobacconist shop in the country, but usually renamed something so they can call it their own blend (a lot of that oes on).

Welcome to the BoB. Glad to have you on board. :) 

AJ

Welcome to BOB.

Here's a few that i get alot of positive comments on from non smokers:
Boswell's: Berry Cobler, Xmas Cookie, Spice & Nice & PDT.
Peterson's Conn Choice.

welcoem to the brotherhood my gf is wier dabout pipe tobacco so i can kinda point you to what she finds pleasent. so far i have three winners with ehr at least. 1. mcclenllands three cherry, cao moontrance, and altadis tropic cavendish ( its liek moontrance but aa more in your face fruit flavor) i hope this helps you

Fr_Tom":hg2fhkpr said:
Welcome to BoB!

Wives are difficult to predict with certainty. I get a favorable comment from time to time when I am smoking Carter Hall or Luxury Twist Flake. For a new guy, a flake makes things more complicated. Why don't you get her to go to the shop with you to help you pick one out?
Excellent idea Tom, not to mention, you never know, you just might convince her to give it a go too.