Jorgen Larsen Pipes: Jorgen L brand and High-Grade Stokkebye

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattia76

Reaction score
Hey guys.
So over the last year my collection has become more and more Danish-centered. When I first got into collecting, I wouldn't have guessed that was coming at all. I was into chunky Italians and classic Brits. But then I got a couple of old 1960's W.O. Larsen pipes from Copenhagen and I've been hooked ever since on the smooth lines and amazing grain.

So now I'm into whole new territory. I've got a deal on a Jorgen Larsen (not connected with W.O.) pipe that will be the most expensive pipe I own. From all I've been able to read, Jorgen only made about 100 pipes per year and for many years made the Stokkebye high-grades. I've read the Pipedia stuff and the R.D. Field Website article, but I was wondering if anyone has any actual experience with one of his pipes that they would be willing to share.
Thanks!!

I've handled a few, they're very well made. The fit and finish is excellent, the materials very good. A fellow at pipe club a few years back had a couple and said that they were the best smokers he ever had. I had always liked the styling too, conserative Danish, often a British influence could be seen in his work, especially the Stokebye labeled pipes. I've seen a few that could have passed as Dunhills if not for a closer inspection of the nomenclature.