July 4th 2010 Smokes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapnismologist

Reaction score
For those brothers in the US, what are you planning to smoke this July 4th holiday?

For me there will certainly be some Pinkerton's 5 Brothers in a cob or two (preferably at least 1 hour before lighting up the grill or shooting off fireworks, just to be safe!). Also, a cigar or two for sure.

(by the way, on the history of the company who first produced the venerable American air-cured birdseye filled Burley shag which is 5 Brothers, see here: http://firecured.blogspot.com/2009/12/origins-of-five-brothers-tobacco.html)

Punch Gran Puro Pico Bonito..

A nice medium bodied Honduran puro .. 6x50? 6x52? Big cigar, should last through the cook out stage anyway..
Haven't decided about the after activitys smokes. Probably another cigar, maybe a CAO Brazilia.

I'm bustin out the cobs and stuffin 'em full of some Uhle's burleys. Also have a Perdomo Lot 23 set aside for the occasion.

Early Pipe:Dunhill EMP
Mid Day Pipe(s):Solani 633
After Dinner:Dunhill Nightcap

I'll find time in the evening to slip in either a Partagas Cifuentes / a CAO Italia Piazza / or a CAO Cameroon Churchill. Decisions, decisions..............

Penzance, Penzance, and more Penzance. My bulk arrived so I don't have to ration it anymore :D . I'm also thinking about cracking a tin of Wessex Campaign. For the cigars, maybe some AFH classic maduros?

Will smoke some real American Blends on you guys tomorrow,

Prince Albert
Carter Hall
and............ Walnut of course! :cheers: :cheers:

Piet Binsbergen":bbbzru2k said:
Will smoke some real American Blends on you guys tomorrow,

Prince Albert
Carter Hall
and............ Walnut of course! :cheers: :cheers:
Mighty nice of you, mighty nice. Enjoy!

I'll be downing a bowl of Walnut for Piet, and a bunch o birds eye for myself.

Thanks again to PegLeg for the walnut :)

gandalfpc":at4ym5m4 said:
I'll be downing a bowl of Walnut for Piet, and a bunch o birds eye for myself.

Thanks again to PegLeg for the walnut :)
Thanks Gandalf.......thats really cool!!
PegLegEd...... good on ya brother..........

It'll be easy to smoke nothing but American pipes
this weekend. My collection is heavy with NAC.
Tobacco is trickier, but I can stick with GLP and C&D.
It might not all be grown here, but at least it's produced here.

Hermit":51n7u82i said:
It'll be easy to smoke nothing but American pipes
this weekend. My collection is heavy with NAC.
Tobacco is trickier, but I can stick with GLP and C&D.
It might not all be grown here, but at least it's produced here.
I'm going to smoke my Randy Wiley and fill it with Kentucky on you guys, brother!! :cheers:
Definitely, McClelland Refined Tennessee Ribbon will be in the mix as well!!

I'll join in & light up some ERR in a Tim West bulldog in honour of the US brothers.

puros_bran":f95va96h said:
Punch Gran Puro Pico Bonito..

A nice medium bodied Honduran puro .. 6x50? 6x52? Big cigar, should last through the cook out stage anyway..
Haven't decided about the after activitys smokes. Probably another cigar, maybe a CAO Brazilia.
PB: What's the new avatar? Is it one of those optical illusion thingys?
I'm not seeing it if it is........ (Can't see 3D movies either!!! No Binocular vision :x )

Since it's my birthday, I'm sure I'll break-out my birthyear Dunhill Shell 250 (1957) to smoke some Abingdon (she's dedicated to English blends).

Bottom of the bowl was pretty thin when I got her earlier this decade, so I had Mark Tinsky do a water glass job on her...now she'll last as long as I do.

Buddy

Buddy Springman":ymiby90n said:
Since it's my birthday, I'm sure I'll break-out my birthyear Dunhill Shell 250 (1957) to smoke some Abingdon (she's dedicated to English blends).

Bottom of the bowl was pretty thin when I got her earlier this decade, so I had Mark Tinsky do a water glass job on her...now she'll last as long as I do.

Buddy
Happy Birthday Buddy...... have a great day brother!

Its one of those 2 d barcodes or whatever they call them... You can scan them with iPhone, Blackberry, or Android powered devices...

and don't bother, it just brings you to bob.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Buddy Springman":f2g4atmc said:

Buddy
Happy B-day. Enjoy!

By the way, what is a 'water glass job', I have never heard that term before in this context. Any info. (photos?) would be welcome.

Sodium silicate,,mixed with water to form a paste,,mud the bottom of the bowl,,fills in cracks, builds up thin bowl bottoms, forms a seal and resists heat,,,

My grandparents used a thin solution of waterglass to store eggs in before refrigeration,,,seals the pores of the shell,,,just another bit of useless information to store,,,, :D