July 4th 2010 Smokes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the garden with my Ashton Magnum, filled with Uhle's Perfection PC '08 ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

puros_bran":tqzkun5i said:
Wonder if it would work on the Kids n ole ladys mouths?????
Probably, but then they might be mistaken for zombies,,,

Fourth of July,,,just put the brisket in the slow smoker,,iced the beer,,,,brunch at ten,,,bloody marys at noon,,,feast at six,,strawberry shortcake to follow,,,,help yourself to my cigars and tobacco but bring your own pipe,,,, dug out the black powder for my cannon, earplugs are available,,,,

mark":en6c387f said:
puros_bran":en6c387f said:
Wonder if it would work on the Kids n ole ladys mouths?????
Probably, but then they might be mistaken for zombies,,,

Fourth of July,,,just put the brisket in the slow smoker,,iced the beer,,,,brunch at ten,,,bloody marys at noon,,,feast at six,,strawberry shortcake to follow,,,,help yourself to my cigars and tobacco but bring your own pipe,,,, dug out the black powder for my cannon, earplugs are available,,,,
Now that sounds like a good time! Too far of a drive for me though. Hahaha

Buddy Springman":70dqlsln said:
Since it's my birthday, I'm sure I'll break-out my birthyear Dunhill Shell 250 (1957) to smoke some Abingdon (she's dedicated to English blends).

Bottom of the bowl was pretty thin when I got her earlier this decade, so I had Mark Tinsky do a water glass job on her...now she'll last as long as I do.

Buddy
Happy Birthday Buddy is the Fourth your B-day or the third? Not really important but was curious anyway. :lol!:

Thanks, all. The 4th sees me hit 53. :face:

Water glass is a little more robust alternative to pipe mud (cigar ash and water paste). The results aren't really visible, but you can note the difference in bowl heel thickness with calipers or a depth gage.

Wikipedia

Starting the day with some well-dried SG Medium VA flake (which isn't a flake at all) in this large Tinsky brownblast lumberman. And a SF Red Bull.

Buddy

mark_t10.jpg

Buddy, Happy Birthday and Happy 4th to all! Started the day with Haddo's in a Nanwell, coffee on the side.

Didn't stick with an American tobacco today, but enjoyed my Habana Daydream in a Italian Oom Paul (my avatar pipe). It's an attempt towards world harmony, I guess. :) Off tomorrow, already planning my pipes for the day.

St Fiacre":o82we9al said:
Smoked some Peterson's special edition 2009 in a Churchwarden.
How did that go down?????? I have two tins in the cellar, was wondering what its like? do tell........