July PAD - 4 pens

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Saw a chrisrap52 thing on YouTube about a new PenBBS Model, the 352.  He showed one in what’s called “cedar”...pattern #1.  I ordered that and after looking a bit also found two of my favorites the 308 & 309.  Then I stumbled on a limited edition Winter 309 in the “Snowflake” pattern.  This one has the snowflake etched ‘round - medium’ nib! These ranged from $22 to $25.  Very high quality items for that kind of money...on an even par with TWSBI.

6 pics in no particular order.

Nope. Being an Asian market driven company they offer items for the Asian consumer...almost 100% fine or extra fine nibs. But they use standard sizes and the nibs are easily swapped out. Some vendors offer Asian made nibs in a variety of sizes...but usually not a stub. For calligraphy they typically use a fude (foo-day) nib...one that is severely bent up at the tip.

Blackhorse":4s40wnd8 said:
Nope.  Being an Asian market driven company they offer items for the Asian consumer...almost 100% fine or extra fine nibs.  But they use standard sizes and the nibs are easily swapped out.  Some vendors offer Asian made nibs in a variety of sizes...but usually not a stub.  For calligraphy they typically use a fude (foo-day) nib...one that is severely bent up at the tip.
Thanks for the info, sir.

Great looking pens. Thanks for posting them although my wife probably won’t appreciate it hahahahahahaha