Just a little one this time.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Two quarter pound orders from The Country Squire:

The first one is Rivendell (Rivendell is woodsy and earthy, with the slightest hint of cocoa.  Mildly sweet with a hint of walnut.)

JimInks gives it 4 Stars - “The Virginia is mildly grassy with some citrus. The burley is nutty, a little toasty and woody, a bit earthy with a drop or two of molasses as a secondary player. The black cavendish has a little vanilla. The chocolate topping has a nice richness that plays well with the lightly applied, nutty walnut. They say only a hint of walnut is present, but it’s rich, much more so than many blends that have it as a topping in a higher quantity.”

Dang! He’s got my mouth watering. This sure does sound like Fall to me!

The other one I ordered is Meriwether (A blend of Virginia, Maryland, and Burley tobaccos, Meriwether is aged into cakes, then spun to a ribbon to make packing and smoking smooth, while staying mild and rich in flavor.)

Not an Aromatic. This one is a total crap shoot. Customers claim this to be a medium strength, smooth, semi-sweet, easy blend that produces clouds of milky smoke. Sounds like fun to me. Here I’m going on my trust in the shop blends of the Country Squire...every one I’ve tried has been excellent.