Just asking for some prayers...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjamin Button

Reaction score
Tomorrow, my niece will be delivered at Brigham and Womens Hospital in Boston. About 5 months ago, my brother and his wife found out that they were having a baby girl. When they had the ultra sound, they noticed some irregularity with her heart. After further testing, the doctors determined that the left side of her heart was not developing which upon birth could mean she would need immediate heart surgery, a possible transplant, or she may not live longer than a week. This was obviously extremely heavy news to them but they had faith that she would be stronger than the doctors said she was.

Since the last tests, it has shown that the heart has developed a little further along than they expected and would not require surgery in the womb prior to birth. This was great news, but there are still many possibilities that right now are in the hands of the Lord.

I've prayed and prayed and prayed, and I have so much faith in God that He knows what is right and what should be. I believe that in the hands of God, human beings can overcome the impossible. I believe in miracles. I believe in this baby girl. '

Even if you are not religious, I just ask for a moment that you think positive thoughts in her direction. She is scheduled for delivery at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Prayers and positivity are more than welcome and needed. Thanks in advance and God bless you all...

-Adam

You've got them both from my wife and me for the baby to be!

Jim

Benjamin Button":zqnsuc7e said:
Even if you are not religious, I just ask for a moment that you think positive thoughts in her direction. She is scheduled for delivery at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Prayers and positivity are more than welcome and needed. Thanks in advance and God bless you all...

-Adam

Adam, I'll be praying for the health and comfort of all concerned, and of course wisdom, skill, and guidance for the doctors involved.

Your name is a reminder that God is merciful and delights in life. Be strong.

Prayers just said for the baby, the mom, the family and for the medical team.

Mike

Wishing the best for your Brother, his Wife and their Child. I hope & pray all come through in good health.
EJ

My best thoughts and Prayers are sent to you and the wholefamily. God Bless!!!

Adam,

I shall pray for this newborn to be and her parents, as well, I shall send positive thoughts and vibrations into the universe through-out the day.

Prayers sent for all concerned:

And a woman who held a babe against her bosom said, "Speak to us of Children."

And he said:
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts.
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.

From 'The Prophet' by Khalil Gibran

Source

I cannot express in words the joy in my heart that I feel when I see this kind of support. I thank each and every one of you for the kind words.

Kilted1, that excerpt brought tears to my eyes, it is truly wonderful.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...this community is beyond amazing. I am blessed to be a part of it. God bless you all!

-Adam

Benjamin Button":5uwmh4pe said:
I cannot express in words the joy in my heart that I feel when I see this kind of support. I thank each and every one of you for the kind words.

Kilted1, that excerpt brought tears to my eyes, it is truly wonderful.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...this community is beyond amazing. I am blessed to be a part of it. God bless you all!

-Adam
I'm passing on a favorite work my Mother gave me when I 'came of age' at 13 'The Prophet' by Khalil Gibran has been a mainstay next to The Holy Bible all of my life. I've found it to be full of wisdom and comfort ever since, it covers anything we as human beings experience. Khalil Gibran has been an inspiration to millions and his works are translated into many languages.

I am glad he has found a new reader!

Benjamin, the little one and all the family is in my prayers for this difficult time ahead.

God has a special place in his heart for babies,,,I too have asked him to help with a heartfelt prayer,,,