Just Bought a Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cerfer

Reaction score
Long time cigar smoker, just bought a pipe and traded cigars for pipe tobacco. I'm not sure what I like yet--I've had only Escudo, Gaslight, and Frog Morton Cellar. I joined the board a while back thinking that I was going to change over, but I must have decided against it for whatever reason.

I still have three full coolers of cigars, so it looks like my smoking needs are set for about three or four more months.

Well, welcome to the forum, though it seems you have been a member for a few years, and this is your first post. I have to ask, what kind of pipe did you get?

We have threads regarding cigars as well, so hey, chat it up a bit, eh?

Anyway, welcome!

Thanks for the welcome.

I picked up a Nording blowfish from the Royal Flush series--I've always wanted one of their funky, off center/imbalanced pipes--and a Vauen 677 from the great sale at Danish Pipes. A friend gave me a couple of his older pipes that I cleaned up. So far, I find that pipe tobacco isn't easy to keep lit, at least as compared to a cigar.

Welcome Cerfer. Your initial pipe weeds are well respected. Looks like you're well on your way!

As far as keeping them lit, you'll gain confidence as you go forward. Plenty of helpful threads here.

8)

Question - are you Cerfer on the the defunct HP board? Dutton?

Cheers,

RR

Welcome Cerfer,
I just took a pipe up again after a long break. So far my favorite tobacco is Frog Morton's cellar. You will find people to be very helpful so do not be afraid to ask for opinions.

Hope to see you on the forum.

Regards,
Hutch

Hey, Rande! I probably signed up in 2014 because you mentioned this board on HP.

HP teetered, then tottered, then disappeared. It's cgarbb.com, now, but I'm afraid a lot of people didn't migrate over. It's shame b/c it had so much info on pipes/pipe tobacco that would be very helpful.

I could go for a Steam Train Porter about right now!

Cerfer":06rm3h62 said:
Hey, Rande! I probably signed up in 2014 because you mentioned this board on HP.

HP teetered, then tottered, then disappeared. It's cgarbb.com, now, but I'm afraid a lot of people didn't migrate over. It's shame b/c it had so much info on pipes/pipe tobacco that would be very helpful.

I could go for a Steam Train Porter about right now!
Dutton, good to see you here. This is a way great place to hang out.

Ya, HP had it's heyday but went down the tubes. Learned about the new digs but no desire to register there since I've pretty much quit the cigar thing. Sold off all my stash years ago but kept around 15 sticks. Have about one cigar/yr now. Found I much prefer the pipe these days.

Hope to see you posting soon.

Cheers,

RR

Welcome Cerfer! You'll soon get the hang of the briar. It's a fascinating world with so much variety... for the time being anyway! You've got some great baccies there already.

Well goodness. You are the antithesis of the usual beginnier that starts with Super Value, Captain Black, or house blends. You started with 3 amazing tobaccos! Congrats and Welcome! This place is great .

I just hope your pocket book is ready for this hobby. Haha :)

I had a head start being a forum junkie. I didn't want aros, but so far, my favorites have been FM Cellar and Sixpence. I guess I like booze on my tobacco?

I made a pretty substantial trade with a friend from an old cigar board. He had a little bit of everything, and I bought some. I should have posted a pic. I still haven't tried the Esotericas (I have almost everything that isn't licorice, Penzance, or Stonehaven), the RO Sobranie matches, Star of the East Flake, 4-5 more Pease blends, and about twenty other tobaccos. I tried 965 today, but my tongue is so burnt from learning how to pack a damn pipe that I need to give smoking a rest. Except for a couple of puffs, I couldn't taste it. 2014 Sixpence is a definite winner.