Just joined from Texas

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackT

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've just joined this group. I live in Texas, although I would never describe myself as a Texan. I smoked pipes when I was in college and grad school, stopped for a long time, and have recently picked it up again.

Hi Jack. Welcome to BOB. Tell us more, like what are your favorite tobaccos. Do you have a Basset hound? Why don't you consider yourself a Texan? Well, I can understand that last question. I live in Missouri but really don't consider myself a Missourian. Enjoy the board.

I did have a basset hound at one time. They are interesting creatures. As for Texas, it's where I live because it's where I work. Otherwise, I don't think I'd live here. And since I'm not from Texas originally, I have had it made clear many times that I will never be a Texan, which is perfectly fine with me. Thus, when I indicate where I am "from", I usually qualify the statement. If I were to describe my identity, I would use the term New Englander.

At the moment, I am smoking Ashton Consummate Gentleman and Peterson University Flake (not at the same time). I'm particularly fond of Ashton and Dunhill pipes, but also like some Italian pipes such as Ascorti. One of my Ascorti pipes, a Rhodesian, both feels and smokes about as perfectly as I can imagine.

Thanks for the welcome. This looks like an interesting group.

Welcome to the brotherhood!

I have lived in TX before. So I can understand the desire not to be mistaken for a native Texan. ;)

No offense to Texans, I married one, but I got us out of there a while back.