Just made a tobacco pouch

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kieveryuu

Reaction score
Well, I decided that since I am moving soon and will shortly be buried in boxes and have only a small selection of my art materials for the next few months that I would take this chance to mock up this tobacco pouch. Not just a tobacco pouch, but with a pocket for pipe stuff (lighter, pipe tool as seen in pic 2) and a second pocket for cleaners and the like. The actual tobacco pouch is in the middle made of a smooth leather lining with its own flap. This tobacco section can be filled with either lose tobacco or, as in pic 3, holds a 2oz bag nicely. The pouch is a rolling style tri-fold made of suede cow leather. The pics are not the best, but neither is the stitching. Now that I have made this one, I have figured out how I actually want to make one.

Sure, leather is a bit much for a proof of concept, but it is functional therefore not a waste. Will definitely be making another one.

Nice craftsmanship! I like the soft leathers, since they are much more user friendly.

Bluecrab":7096s8b6 said:
Great job!!! want to sell it or make another to sell???
Yes, and yes. Unfortunately, I have just moved across the country and the first pouch is packed (as well as less than good enough to sell in my personal opinion) and my leathers are also packed. If you are seriously interested, at some point in the, hopefully, not too distant future I will be able to make another one and you will be the first inline if you ask for it.

Either way, thank you for the compliment.

kieveryuu":vsp1a85u said:
Bluecrab":vsp1a85u said:
Great job!!! want to sell it or make another to sell???
Yes, and yes. Unfortunately, I have just moved across the country and the first pouch is packed (as well as less than good enough to sell in my personal opinion) and my leathers are also packed. If you are seriously interested, at some point in the, hopefully, not too distant future I will be able to make another one and you will be the first inline if you ask for it.

Either way, thank you for the compliment.
I would also be interested in one of your pouches as soon as you are ready for business! Great job!

Hoguemeister

That is a very fine looking pouch, I can't tell, is that a rubberised interior, this could make you a nice little earner on the side, for a first attempt it turned out very well, and you already have two people looking to buy from you, imagine how many will want one when you have the method perfected.

Kirk Fitzgerald":mowqshds said:
That is a very fine looking pouch, I can't tell, is that a rubberised interior, this could make you a nice little earner on the side, for a first attempt it turned out very well, and you already have two people looking to buy from you, imagine how many will want one when you have the method perfected.

It is not rubber, I used to different leathers in this first one and I like the resulting contrast. As soon as I get my leather supplies I will happily begin making these.

Stay tuned.

Have you bin able to make any new pouches? Let me know, its bin a few months since I asked and I'm still very interested.

Thanks, Mike