Just received another order from Goulet Pen

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggman

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
The fedx guy just knocked on my door and handed me a little box. Upon opening it I found a pilot con-40 converter, a pilot metropolitan in turquoise with a 1.0 mm nib, a lamy silver left handed nib and 2 bottles of Robert Oster inks  Fire and Ice and Red Gold. The red gold ink kinda looks like Guinness beer when you shake it and the gold flakes move in the ink.

I have really enjoyed the red metropolitan I purchased a couple weeks ago. So I just had to get another one. I think if you have one pen then you need 2. If you have 2 pens then you need 4 and so on and so on.

The Metros are very solid but inexpensive pens. The Pilot 1mm stub is one of my favorites. And good pick on the Fire and Ice...likely the most popular R Oster ink. Good stuff.

And...don’t leave that glitter ink sitting in your pen.

I have been carrying the metro with the 1mm nib since I inked it up. It’s a great writing pen for the money. I’ve even had people ask me what kind of pen is that when using it. Some of them have never seen a fountain pen before.

The only pen I have inked up that writes better is my Lamy Safari with a left handed stub nib. It really lays down the ink in a good way.