Just reintroducing myself.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been around this message board for a while now, however, I've taken a bit of a hiatus for personal reasons but I'm back now. I see a lot of new faces and some familiar ones so I thought I'd reintroduce myself. I'm Aaron I've been smoking a pipe since 2008 off and on. I'm in college again after graduating in 2008 with a degree in sociology, I'm now working on my masters in psychology. I'm also a singer/songwriter, I play around my hometown as of right now, but I hope to branch out into the surrounding areas, I'm also working on a five song EP. Hope to get that finished really soon. So yeah, that's about it for now. Good to see y'all again.

Hi, nice to meet you! I'm new around here, came over from the world of guitar collecting. Fell into pipes (smoking/collecting) by accident, but now I'm hooked. Good luck with the ep, I'm working on some recording myself.

Yeah yeah, we remember you :lol:

Welcome back and make yourself at home :)

Puff Daddy":kgwme6tm said:
Yeah yeah, we remember you :lol:

Welcome back and make yourself at home :)
Heh, thanks. I'm going to try.

Glad you are doing well Aaron! May the Lord bless your endeavors!

Hey, Aaron, I'm sort of interested in sociology, a bit, but I did hate college. Anyways, happy smoking.

JP, nice to see you.

Greenleaf, I really enjoyed sociology. People in groups are always interesting, take pipe smokers for example. :)

Mr. Bum, always good to see you my friend.

Natch, I miss my youth. Children seem to drain it from you. But it's good to be back.

jhuggett":kw3vp016 said:
It is good to see you posting again.
I'll always love this place J. I've learned so much here. It's good to be back.

Aaron":uxrwoprj said:
JP,
Natch, I miss my youth. Children seem to drain it from you. But it's good to be back.
Yes & no. They make you become the parent/adult. I can't remember how many times my mouth would open and out would come some inane comment my father would say to me a generation earlier (and I hated it then!) but suddenly it's coming out of me! And I'm sure I gave my dad the same, "rude" eye-roll that my daughter gives me? :lol:

But it's also a great excuse to be a kid again with them. To this day, my college age daughter will climb into the shopping cart and I'll run down the lot, pushing the cart and jump on the back and we'll terrorize the motorists. An adult lady and an old man still acting like kids. It's great!

Best work of your life, you know, raising a child. You get to touch the future through them.

Natch

Natch":xtfbssva said:
Aaron":xtfbssva said:
JP,
Yes & no. They make you become the parent/adult. I can't remember how many times my mouth would open and out would come some inane comment my father would say to me a generation earlier (and I hated it then!) but suddenly it's coming out of me! And I'm sure I gave my dad the same, "rude" eye-roll that my daughter gives me? :lol:

But it's also a great excuse to be a kid again with them. To this day, my college age daughter will climb into the shopping cart and I'll run down the lot, pushing the cart and jump on the back and we'll terrorize the motorists. An adult lady and an old man still acting like kids. It's great!

Best work of your life, you know, raising a child. You get to touch the future through them.

Natch
He really is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Such a little bad ass. And a little ladies man to boot, more game than his daddy ever had and he's only two!

Hey Aaron!! It is a pleasure to meet you!!

I do understand what you mean by the little ones draining your energy. And, they seem to drain it more if they decide to go down the wrong path like my son did. But, once they get back on track... again, like my son... it is exhilarating!!! And, those grandbabies...oh, my goodness... they do a better job of breathing life back into you than CPR!!!!! :lol: :D

Robert

beebiz":e7u3d6ef said:
Hey Aaron!! It is a pleasure to meet you!!

I do understand what you mean by the little ones draining your energy. And, they seem to drain it more if they decide to go down the wrong path like my son did. But, once they get back on track... again, like my son... it is exhilarating!!! And, those grandbabies...oh, my goodness... they do a better job of breathing life back into you than CPR!!!!! :lol: :D

Robert
Hi Robert, nice to meet you as well. Cheers!