Just saying hello

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charliepipes

Reaction score
My name is Charlie and this is my first post. I've been reading this group for a few weeks now and really enjoy it so I thought I'd join in. I don't post much but generally come for the information. I also spend some time at My Pipe Community and ASP. I enjoy them all. As far as pipes go, my favorites are Tinskys, Castellos, Sav Autographs, and Ascorti New Dears. For Christmas, my wife gave me a Bonaquisti that is already a favorite. Living in St. Louis, MO., I've made it a point to collect Jost pipes. Jost was a pipe shop in the area but it is now long gone. In tobaccos, I like quite a few tobaccos from C&D and GH--primarily flakes--but I'm also very fond of a few tobaccos in C&D's Hebraica Series. Away from pipes, I do social worky stuff such as counseling and doing group work with mentally ill folks. I enjoy spectator sports and love the Rams and Cardinals. I'm hoping that next season is better for both teams. I also enjoy golfing though I don't get many chances to play. I enjoy reading some philosophy, short stories, essays, and a variety of fiction. I find myself, as I get older (I'm 58) gravitating more to classical music but still, occasionally, enjoy stuff from groups like The Rolling Stones and the Grateful Dead. Oh, well, that's plenty for this long-winded introduction.

Charlie

Hi Charlie and here's a big welcome! I hope you enjoy the forum and will post often.

We could use a counselor around here!

Hey, Charlie, welcome!

I'm from St. Louis, too, and would love to learn more about Jost pipes. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to chat.

showme

Hello Charlie, and welcome!

Two thumbs up on your musical taste, but I question the sports choices. ;)

Of course, being a CUBS fan, I am sure that my sanity would be questioned. The jury is out regarding the Bears.

Michael

Welcome to the group Charlie. Do you ever make the St.Louis Pipe Show in Feb. Thinking about heading up that way for the show be cool to meet up with some other members there.

Charlie,

Welcome from Lake St. Louis, MO. from another newbie to this sight.

I share your love for the BASEBALL Cardinals, but I'm afraid my NFL loyalty lies with me Cowboys.

Anyway, welcome to the sight.

Dadof8