Just thought this was interesting.....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes yes these guys are correct! It would be far more dangerous 'for the children' for people to smoke in bars, than it would be 'for the children' to travel in vehicles on roads populated by drunks.

You know the next argument don't you? Not that drunk drivers should be drug out in the street and beat to within an inch of their lifes (for the first offence). No that is not the answer, the answer would be for my town to be able to tell your town that you can not allow smoking in public places. That dear comrade is the only way for us to protect the innocent, it is after all 'for the children'.

"....study authors Scott Adams and Chad Cotti say the increase in drunk driving should be weighed against the "potential positive health impacts'' from smoking bans, French news agency AFP reported".

Let's get this in perspective. It's OK to threaten the lives of others including families with children while driving drunk, i.e. actual negative health impacts, because we smoke less frequently? Another vote for unbelieveable stupid things that are said.

It seems like we are looking for ways to kill ourselves and still be PC. These people must take more drugs than the junkies on the streets. They flat out seem stupid to me. These anti smoke people are polutting the childrens mind worst than the air.

I've found that when people go on a crusade, such as the anti smoking faction has, there is no logic that appeals to them and no statement seems too stupid. They are always right and the opposite side just doesn't know what's good for them so they will decide for you.

bronxbill":1kssd67h said:
I've found that when people go on a crusade, such as the anti smoking faction has, there is no logic that appeals to them and no statement seems too stupid. They are always right and the opposite side just doesn't know what's good for them so they will decide for you.
:cheers: