K&K Releasing Dunhill Match Blends

• Thread starter Deleted member 2386
  • Start date
Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess maybe I better post this for anyone else that has trouble with German.

Jim

There classification could use some work though. I see they're listing Royal Island as a Scottish Mixture.

Jim

So let's say these wannabe-clones are good substitutes for the Dunhills; how will they fare with the FDA's deeming regulations? (Whatever the hell "deeming" means in this context.)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I see no indication that they intend to bring them to the States at all. Ordering from overseas looks to be the only way these will ever find there way here. It's possible that if STG had continued the blending they might have been able to get away with a name change of some sort rather that full on having to submit each and every blend for testing. This is purely speculation on my part but I believe they're concern is the European and Asian markets only.

Jim

I'll take a crack at these names.

Dark Flake = Shady Slices
Flake = Slim Lady
London Mixture = Big Ben's Last Chime
Nightcap = Rat Hunter
Early Morning Pipe = Morning Wood
Standard Mixture = SWAG Mixture
Apertif = Happy Hour
My Mixture 965 = Exorcism Mixture
Baby's Bottom = Cherub's Derriere
Ye Old Sign = Hangover Tavern
DeLuxe Navy Rolls = Edward G's CANNON
Royal Yacht = Battle Royale

I chatted with a guy at tobacco pipes dot com. Nice folks. Asked him if the inventory is running down. He said that is starting to run out but blends won't go away but be renamed by STG that currently does the blends for Dunhill. Said Dunhill wanted a rediculous price to buy the brand and everyone laughed at the asking price

Sent from Topic'it App

These tobaccos are not exactly match blends. The rumor goes, in Europe, that K & K has actually acquired all the blends' recipes.
So they are supposed to be the real thing, but under different and, er, exotic names in some cases. :D

GeoffC":k28d8wt4 said:
I chatted with a guy at tobacco pipes dot com. Nice folks. Asked him if the inventory is running down. He said that is starting to run out but blends won't go away but be renamed by  STG that currently does the blends for Dunhill. Said Dunhill wanted a rediculous price to buy the brand and everyone laughed at the asking price

Sent from Topic'it App
Looks like Royal Yacht has run out, at least at the larger on-line retailers (most don't even list it right now). Good thing I have 12 in the cellar!

DrT999":r8om3t0o said:
GeoffC":r8om3t0o said:
I chatted with a guy at tobacco pipes dot com. Nice folks. Asked him if the inventory is running down. He said that is starting to run out but blends won't go away but be renamed by  STG that currently does the blends for Dunhill. Said Dunhill wanted a rediculous price to buy the brand and everyone laughed at the asking price

Sent from Topic'it App
Looks like Royal Yacht has run out, at least at the larger on-line retailers (most don't even list it right now).  Good thing I have 12 in the cellar!
I did, too, a few years back. I still have some Murray's Navy Rolls, too.

Dark Flake is gone at Smokingpipes.com won't be long before it's done everywhere else too.

Jim