Quantcast

K8S-LA motherboard

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
I know it's probably a waste of my time but, I've gotta ask.
Does anyone have a K8S-LA socket 547 motherboard in good condition they'd like to get rid off/sell?
My desktop PC is giving up the ship and I need one badly, any help is appreciated. :fpalm: Must be a K8S-LA.
If this is in the wrong place please forgive me, didn't know where to put it. :scratch:
Thanks guys!

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
It's been a while, but would that be for a Compaq desk top? Three slot RAM?

RDPipes

Reaction score
Ozark Wizard":vbgo0zpi said:
It's been a while, but would that be for a Compaq desk top? Three slot RAM?
HP sir, 2 slot ram DDR none ECC PC 3200 400mhz or less.
I'm running a AMD 3300+ 2.41 GHz 2 GB ram on it. ;)

swhipple

Reaction score
Have you tried searching on Ebay? That has become my default for finding old PC parts for the machines I maintain at work. No guarantee that they are in "good condition" though. I seem to get about 1 dud for every 4 I buy.

RDPipes

Reaction score
swhipple":92fq23fr said:
Have you tried searching on Ebay? That has become my default for finding old PC parts for the machines I maintain at work. No guarantee that they are in "good condition" though. I seem to get about 1 dud for every 4 I buy.
Yes sir, but there's very little there I'll trust and there shipping is close to the Buy it Now price.
I know it wouldn't cost $25 to ship even if it went Priority.

huffelpuff

Reaction score
I can check when I get home tonight. I might just have one.

Jim

RDPipes

Reaction score
huffelpuff":qrgynm6b said:
I can check when I get home tonight. I might just have one.

Jim
Thank sir! :D That be great if ya did.

RDPipes

Reaction score
Just to let ya all know, we found a motherboard. Jim has very kindly given me one he had he wasn't getting any use out of. Thank you Jim, your the one. ;) :cheers:

Brewdude

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
That's what the brotherhood is all about! Ya!

8) 

Cheers,

RR

puros_bran

Reaction score
FWIW: If you are going to battle the dying computer blues start digging on Craigslist once a week or so looking in the Free section. People around here give away towers all the time. IF you were industriously bored you can strip them for precious and semi-precious metals for a little side income.

RDPipes

Reaction score
Nobody around here gives anything away except old worn out couches, mattresses and firewood (uncut fallen trees). Oh, and busted TV's and used cardboard boxes. :fpalm:

huffelpuff

Reaction score
Well bust my buttons! Ron got the motherboard yesterday and what turns up on my porch today? The beautiful twisted shank olive wood pipe he made! Absolutely stunning workmanship I must say.

Jim

Brewdude

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
huffelpuff":fmhq9mma said:
Well bust my buttons! Ron got the motherboard yesterday and what turns up on my porch today? The beautiful twisted shank olive wood pipe he made! Absolutely stunning workmanship I must say.

Jim

By golly, you are in for a treat Jim. The Olive wood 1/2 bent Ron sent me is fine in all regards. Love the finish and grain, not to mention how it smokes, which is first class.

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

huffelpuff

Reaction score
Ugh Rande you should have told me it was a dog rocket. Haven't been able to smoke since the 4th of July. The dentist pulled a tooth I snapped off and tore a hole into my sinuses that never healed. So every time I try to smoke I can't get any draw on the pipe because all the air coming through the hole into my nose. They're doing surgery to fix it in February. Well at least I know what pipe I'm smoking first lol

Jim

RDPipes

Reaction score
huffelpuff":c5mjlbte said:
Ugh Rande you should have told me it was a dog rocket. Haven't been able to smoke since the 4th of July. The dentist pulled a tooth I snapped off and tore a hole into my sinuses that never healed. So every time I try to smoke I can't get any draw on the pipe because all the air coming through the hole into my nose. They're doing surgery to fix it in February. Well at least I know what pipe I'm smoking first lol

Jim
Ah Gees! I'm sorry Jim, I didn't know you weren't smoking a pipe anymore, I would have sent you something you could've used instead. My apologies sir. :fpalm:

And what in tarnation is a "dog rocket"? :scratch:

Brewdude

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
Cartaphilus":56uha0ko said:
huffelpuff":56uha0ko said:

Jim
Ah Gees! I'm sorry Jim, I didn't know you weren't smoking a pipe anymore, I would have sent you something you could've used instead. My apologies sir. :fpalm:

And what in tarnation is a "dog rocket"? :scratch:

Ron

Slang for a cigar that looks/tastes like one would expect from the back end of a doggie! It certainly doesn't apply to your creations.

And Jim, I had no idea of your issues with regard to dental problems. Hope you can get it sorted out soon.

Cheers,

RR

RDPipes

Reaction score
Oh! Although I've never seen one shoot out of a dog, I reckon anythings possible.
I've had a few shoot out of me. :fpalm:

huffelpuff

Reaction score
Ron no worries at all buddy. I'm eagerly awaiting my chance to get out there and break this beauty in. It's actually a fairly minor procedure to fix. They have to go in and open up the sinus on that side first then they'll cut a plug and patch it in that way the pressure in my sinuses doesn't blow the patch out. I honestly have nothing but great expectations from your work. If I'm not out there Wednesday night the 11th then I will definitely be out there Saturday after. Yes I know guys start off with a small bowl of someting in a pipe I already know well. Then light this beauty up with the same stuff.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Eff that!!! The idea of 'cutting plugs' and all that goes with it gives me straight up cold chills.

BTW: Big O tire puts in plugs and guarantees them for life... Might be worth looking at. ?