KA-BOOM!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
A long time buddy of mine (that I met here) just hit me hard with an amazing one.

A breathtakingly precious box of choice McClelland 5115 Old World Classic Cake arrived on my doorstep...two 3 Oz bags (6 Oz = 0.375 lb.) in spectacular condition...plus a funky Drew Estate Natural “Root” cigar.  I guess the cigar is like the fuse. The Root is handmade in Esteli, Nicaragua with a host of different gourmet long-leaf tobaccos from Syria, Haiti, Turkey, Dominican Republic and St. James Parish. It has a sweet coffee character.

5115 is supposed to be “a matured cake blend of the finest lemon and orange-red Virginias, enhanced with natural fruit essences. It is lightly sweet, satisfying, smooth but with a little zest.”  Many refer to it as having a mildly Lakeland nature, fruity but not floral.  To me the aroma is McLelland red without the catchup.  It’s unique.  It’s wonderful.

So many thanks the computer can’t send ‘em all.

Yah, 5115 is pretty sweet! I don't find it very Lakeland, but still delightful.

Very nice!

You lucky dog, that 5115 is a awesome blend. I had a couple oz.s years ago. It was not aged but it was a great smoke from what I remember. Time could only make it better.