Keen's Churchwarden Archive

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a very cool story. Ironic and iconic, just like New York City. Seems like one of those places lost to laws and time that will never be the same as they once were. What it must have been like there 40 - 60 years ago--ahh, I probably would have loved it. I don't go to NYC very often (by design, usually) but if I get trapped there, I could at least have a meal and museum experience at Keen's.

Bill Schultz, the author of the article, was on some wacky news show some years back I seem to recall, when I could tolerate television and staying up until 5AM. *shrug*

8)

Great article. Thanks for sharing. That sounds like a great place to grab a steak. It's a shame that the club is really no longer in existance. I love the idea of breaking the stem at the death of a member. Great stuff.

I had forgotten about Keen's. Thanks for posting. A creepy little billionaire gets himself elected mayor, declares, among other things, a smoking ban everywhere in the city, and so a restaurant famous for its pipe club presents him with an honorary pipe? Why didn't they just lick his boots? This is a metaphor for the age. This is no longer a liberty-loving country.

Kyle Weiss":dzu5x4al said:
That is a very cool story. Ironic and iconic, just like New York City. Seems like one of those places lost to laws and time that will never be the same as they once were. What it must have been like there 40 - 60 years ago--ahh, I probably would have loved it. I don't go to NYC very often (by design, usually) but if I get trapped there, I could at least have a meal and museum experience at Keen's.

Bill Schultz, the author of the article, was on some wacky news show some years back I seem to recall, when I could tolerate television and staying up until 5AM. *shrug*

8)
"Red Eye" on Fox News.