Keen's Steakhouse/ Clay pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growley

Reaction score
I just read this quick article and thought you guys would find it interesting, if you haven't heard it before.

Check it out : Keen's Steakhouse

A very interestingarticle. Thanks for posting.
It is striking, and a bit sad, to be reminded that not that long ago pipe smoking was not only socially exceptable but celebrated. Certainly the names of some of the more recent "celebs" (e.g. Meryl Streep) are there for publicity rather than a love of tobacco. But there are hundreds of reconizable names that clearly loved the pipe. It would be interesting to catalog these names and determine how many succumbed to the dreaded illnesses that have been foisted on us to change social perception.
Okay, sliding my soapbox back in the corner now that I've got that off my chest.
Mike.

I know that they had registers like a hotel front desk that you had to sign when you bought your pipes. I also know that the first volume was stolen I believe in the early 1900's by an autograph seeker. So not sure if they had any other list of that first volume.

Lou C. mentioned the restaurant on the NYC Pipe Club facebook page today. I've never been. He mentioned holding a NYC Pipe Club meeting there. I'd definitely try to make that one.