keep track of tobacco prices?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
When I used to jar up my bulk tobacco, I would include the price per ounce on my labels. I got lazy about it a couple big purchases ago and didn't do it. Does anyone keep track of what their favorite tobaccos cost and how much they go up each year? I'm curious about Stokkebye in particular, and though you can't do anything about price hikes, it seems like an interesting database to have. You know, how much did Luxury Nave Flake cost per pound in 2010, 2011, 2012, etc. Also, C&D Night Train. Some increases border on absurd, while others seem to barely move.

I just know what I am willing to spend. When I can get bulk blends I like at less than $3 an ounce, a blend has to be exceptional to go beyond that. Now if Brunello would just quit praising all these higher priced blends my TAD budget would go down considerably, lol.

I built most of my cellar of PSBS ounce by ounce over the years at my shop but I mail ordered a couple of 5 pound bags from Mars 2009 and I seem to remember it was around $1.60 an ounce. I sort of remember it was less than half of what I was paying at my shop. I’m smoking some of the vintage 2009 PSBS tonight! :geek: