Keeping sliver work nice...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhuggett

Reaction score
I have a few Peterson's with silver work on them. What do you guys do to keep them looking nice and shiny?

I’m a great proponent of the Fabuluster polishing cloth. One side is Tripoli infused and other is a clean soft buffing surface. It works stunningly well on sterling silver jewelry and pipe bands.

Also…just pick yer poison from this search:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Wengers+silver+polish&ref=nb_sb_noss
Forgot about Flitz. Don't know about silver, but great on chrome. Only thing I have found that will take surface rust off of bike parts.

A little spit on a tissue with some ash lol. Works like a dream. Seriously

I use a jewelry cloth. Be careful, the silver fittings can and will spin off the pipe and be crushed without a second thought. Been there, done it. If they even get creased they will never look of fit right again.:geek:

I ordered the polishing cloth Blackhorse suggested. I'll let you know how it works when I get it. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I recommend Brasso and cotton buds too, once dried a paper kitchen towel to remove and polish it up. Works a charm on my pipes with nickel or silver. That reminds me, I need to polish up a few of my Pete's.

In my opinion, no need for chemicals.
The old man at the tobacconist showed me that yo can lick, or otherwise moisten, your finger and dip it in the ashes from your pipe. Use a flannel shirt or paper towel to rub it all around and the silver comes out nice and shiny. I’ve used this technique on dingy silver and it totally works.

I’ll look forward to hearing of your success.
Took all of 5 seconds a pipe and didn't effect the wood at all. Great suggestion. Thank you brother.

Attachments

• 20211020_190752.jpg
    20211020_190752.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 83