Ken Lamb Pipe Rack & Cabinets

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peckinpahhombre

Reaction score
I ordered these a couple of months ago and thought I would share them. I just unpacked them onto my man cave floor. Ken did an amazing job and I am very pleased.

They are missing something, I can't put my thumb on it tho.. :)

Beautiful even without pipage!

Gary

Dean: I don't think the Harmon will fit on any of those!!!! :p
PS: Did you get what I sent back to ya? :suspect:

He does some excellent work, congratulations! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Wow. I like how you have the two bookending the middle...that's class right there.

8)

That's some nice cabs!! Walnut w/birdseye maple backs? I need to get that organized :twisted:

Those look magnificent! What a beautiful way to showcase your pipes. Size-wise, they look to fit a modern pipe. Are there many empty slots?

Really nice peckin, thanks for showing them off! They do look extremely well made.

Ken does very nice work. However, I wonder if it is a good idea to have pipe cabinets with glass doors: it seems it reduces the free flowing of fresh air around the pipes. I wonder what impact it has on pipe drying...

Wet Dottle":r8sfqx84 said:
Ken does very nice work. However, I wonder if it is a good idea to have pipe cabinets with glass doors: it seems it reduces the free flowing of fresh air around the pipes. I wonder what impact it has on pipe drying...
I would guess there is plenty of gap and they aren't build like a humidor. I have a glass-front Sherlock Holmes case and don't have those kind of issues. I suspect your climate control would have a bigger impact then the cabinet.

I bought this Ken Lamb wall cabinet about 10 years ago (I think it was that long ago!!) at the CORPS Show in Richmond from Ken. It's got one open space which is a pipe I'm smoking right now. LOL
It's a fine cabinet, keeps the dust off the pipes and serves the purpose well.
IMG_3678_zps25e83e9e.jpg

You have some wide bowled pipes Doc! Nice to see how the spacing accounts for them. Is this his normal spacing or do you specify some bowl sizes for him to fit ? Much better than the old Decatur racks for sure :p

Monbla,
The spacing for the rack was his standard dimension I believe. Since I did not special order the cabinet this is the way I bought it. It does fit pretty well IMO, the only pipe that is a bit large is the monster bulldog on the top shelf, which is quite an unusual Amorelli pipe.
As for air infiltration, the pipes have plenty of air being as that the doors are not airtight. It does not hinder the drying of the bowls at all.