Kicked out of the office

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idbowman

Reaction score
I got kicked out of work today...well, I mean we ALL got kicked out of work today. Apparently there's something funky with the electrical and they've decided it was prudent to evacuate for the day until they get it fixed.

Bad news: I'm paid on salary and can VPN into some of the company's database and processing systems...so since I can do SOME work from home, I'm expected too.

Good news: I can smoke a pipe or two on the job today.

It's the little things.

You should work from home more often.

I do all my system upgrade work at night from home over VPN. Little beer & a pipeful makes patching Windows servers the best job duty ever!

I guess I was lucky.For 37 years I worked in places that allowed me to smoke a pipe on the job.

Sound like you got a lucky break. You really should try to work at home more often. :)

AJ

I remember the days when one could smoke at work!! I worked in a drafting room at a large Arch./Eng. firm in the early '70s and we had pipe, cig, and cigar smokers and around 3 pm there was a blue haze about 4' off the floor in the winter when we had the windows closed. As much as we might like it, I think today's non-smoking offices are a better place to work in. JMHO :twisted: :twisted: